Catalytic converter

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franciz

Dear All,

I got some Toyota Catalytic Converter Honey Comb(Already chipped out) home for free today from a friend of mine who is a car technician.
I have know how to process gold using AR and now i would like to learn how to process this Honey Comb using AR. I would like to learn from the beginning from a black dirty honey comb. I don't intend to make money of recovering PGMs in this honey comb but i just wish to learn how to recovering PGMs from it.
Would it be the same as recovering PGMs from waste sweep stated on Hoke's book?

Can anyone post a link that have a step by step guide or can share their detail here?

Thanks
Franciz

Franciz said:
Dear All,

I got some Toyota Catalytic Converter Honey Comb(Already chipped out) home for free today from a friend of mine who is a car technician.
I have know how to process gold using AR and now i would like to learn how to process this Honey Comb using AR. I would like to learn from the beginning from a black dirty honey comb. I don't intend to make money of recovering PGMs in this honey comb but i just wish to learn how to recovering PGMs from it.
Would it be the same as recovering PGMs from waste sweep stated on Hoke's book?

Can anyone post a link that have a step by step guide or can share their detail here?

Thanks
Franciz

Search in the platinum, palladium, rhodium, iridium, osmium & ruthenium section. It has been discussed many times before, and there is probably as close to a step by step guide there somewhere that you can get. You will have to weed it out, but studying all posts on catalytic converters can only help in the long run.

Jim

I sill can't find any information on this forum on how to step by step recover the PGMs in the Catalytic converter, Anyone here could give me the link?
Can i just leach it all in AR?

Thanks
Francis

Franciz said:
I sill can't find any information on this forum on how to step by step recover the PGMs in the Catalytic converter, Anyone here could give me the link?
Can i just leach it all in AR?

Thanks
Francis

It really isn't as easy as a step by step instructions. Many that have tried have given up. Like I said about studying the whole platinum section of the forum for every catalytic converter post will be a good way to start. Setting up to do one converter or one converters contents will be more of an experiment for you. I don't think it would be worth your time and chemical cost otherwise. Some can be all palladium, or a mix of palladium and platinum with some rhodium. It can get quite involved. And these metals are far more difficult to work with than gold is.

I am sure you could take notes from what has been discussed on the forum to make your own step by step guide.

Lazer Steve sells a DVD that shows how he deals with them. I think he has also gone over it on the forum if you search his posts.

I don't think you will find anyone to re-explain step by step for you to do one or two converters.

Jim

Latest posts

Back