Catalytic Convertor Recovery Data

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found you guys on the net and would like your opinion of people of your educational level on this subject..

So we acquired some sulfide ore.. stats are as follows and dont know what to do for the next step
sell , set up production, capital needed, creditable refineries that can deal with PGM?

how or who do we take this to production?
or sell to ?
in what state/form ?

Thanks
Chip

Type: Hand-picked secondary crushed sulfide ore
Amount: 500 tn (+/-)
Contents: Platinum Group Metals = Pt/Pd/Rh// Au/Ag

Preliminary Bench Test Assay (minimum) Recovery Results:

Au (Gold) 28.2 troy oz/tn
Pt (Platinum) 48.0 troy oz/tn
Pd (Palladium) 41.8 troy oz/tn
Rh (Rhodium) 57.9 troy oz/tn

Irons said:
Fire assay is an art as well as a sciencel and Rhodium is about the toughest precious metal to assay accurately. It's not something you can do in your garage in a weekend. I'm not trying to discourage you but just trying to explain the reality of the situation.http://www.ledoux.com/lab.html

Hence the $7900 / troy ounce price tag.. ;)

(spot price as of today at 1.53pm EST)

I'm always watching those spot prices.... they're a great indicator of the current state of the economy, a good thing to watch when you're dabbling in the stock market ;)

Derek

Does the molten tin collect pt, pd and gold as well?
I know lead is not a good collector of rh.

Thanks,

Mark

Tin (molten) baths in the printed circuits
industry deteriorate by contact with gold
therefore it is understood gold is soluble in tin

I'm wondering if anyone has any recovery data for aftermarket cats. Have you processed any LazerSteve? Its hard to believe they are as barren as their pricing suggest.

I'm also looking for recovery data on foil converters too.

Back