Catlylitic Comb and Bead

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Wondering if there would be an advantage to putting the comb and bead through the ball mill before processing in the leach.

Thanks

well... it doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

let me just suggest you to incinirate the combs/beads to get rid of the soot, it will contaminate your mill.

it will sure save you on chemicals, with a direct 1 hour boil in diluted AR, i belive you can extract over 90%-95% of the PM's.

i don't think the substrate will be effected or effect the reaction.
but this subject should be addressed by someone more experienced then me.

PS, whay can't i sent you privet messege?

I don't know if it will help or hurt by using the ball mill.
I would think it would hurt since the pgm's are on the surface, and should be easier to strip from the surface when it is intact. But maybe it will help getting the pgm's into solution when milled, as long as you stir them right.It sounds like a good experiment to try anyway.
Jim

I'm planning to heap leach the lot using SSN, with a bubbler, no heat in a black barrel over the summer. I can not work from this property anymore, every time I turn I have someone from the RM riding my butt.

Nothing to do with refining, it's my other hobby of collecting junk.

Regards
Gill

it is the filtering that may be cumbersome or problematic, again just thinking out loud .no experience in cats
let us know what you decide to do

sound interesting.

would love to see pictures of your SSN setup somtime.
although, i most admit, it is to complicated for me.

samuel-a said:
sound interesting.

would love to see pictures of your SSN setup somtime.
although, i most admit, it is to complicated for me.

Fairly simple set up, Black plastic drum with a good southern exposure to the sun. I'm toying with the idea of making a two holes into the drum, one at the lower end with one near the top end just below the liquid level.

Once the drum has absorbed some heat the liquid should circulate on its own through a plastic pipe connecting the two openings via convection. I may have to shade the upper portion of the drum keeping this liquid a tad cooler that that portion of the black drum being exposed to the direct sunlight.

If that be the case I will set the drum on a stand allowing for better exposure. In the attached picture are some papers floating above a radiator, convection of hot air.

When I went into the woods, Dawson City in the Yukon, picking Morels to sell, the other pickers thought I was nuts, the buyers could not figure out how my shrooms looked so much better than what the other pickers would bring in. Because we were so far out form the buyers we dried our mushrooms in the bush, the other pickers sun dried while I put mine into black plastic bags with a hose hooked up to a vacuum port on the intake manifold of my truck. My shrooms dried faster and kept their color and flavor.

gustavus

don't make any holes

as the heat and ssn rises on the sunnyside the back side is cooler (not sunny or even you can shade it up agents a bush or paint it white) that will cause some circulation.
more reason not to mill the cats to allow for flow

if you mill you have to stir and bubble often

Latest posts

Back