Centrifugal fan installation

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jell00

I bought this fan, for my fume hood and have no idea how to wire it, Anyone have any suggestionsimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
There’s a wiring diagram o the motor. Follow the color code. Green/yellow with a eyelet is ground, yellow is neutral. Three wire for 3 speeds. A 3 speed selector switch rated for at least a 1/2 hp motor would be best.

Attachments

• F28D83D2-8A0D-41AC-B469-406417F660C3.png
    F28D83D2-8A0D-41AC-B469-406417F660C3.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Here is a better photo of the motor wiring diagram.3E41BC48-4124-4B9B-9CCA-B9791D1A46BF.jpeg
From the advice given, the yellow wire with the green stripe is the ground. The yellow wire is the neutral (white) and the hot lead goes where? Do the 3 color indications (red, blue, black) indicate a speed controller?

I am only asking to make this understandable to the non electrical crowd (myself included).

I blew up the photo the OP posted to make this easier to see, and to make the point that the more information given (and made easy to see) the better information you will get. And notice this answer is being given to an electrical wiring question and not a chemical refining question. Details matter in all questions if you expect a decent answer.

Thank you hoytSmith for your expertise with the wiring.

3 “hot” wires tap the motor windings at different locations. The more coils involved, the more power consumed. Only 1 wire is hot at a time—hence the selector switch. The black box with the white wires is a starting capacitor. It’s the first thing to check if/when the fan stops working.

Back