ceramic cpu recovery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You give up too easily, this takes much more work to understand.

keep looking, study the safety section while you are at it.

Gold can be dissolved without the use of nitric acid or nitrate salts, there are other oxidizers which work to dissolve gold under certain conditions.

In searching for your answer you will learn several methods, and learn a lot more about what you will need to understand to be safe and successful, if we give you a simple answer to a simple question that gives you only a simple answer, and you are cheated out of learning what you will need to complete that journey.

i found a solution of half hcl and half bleach. it works to disovle gold. would this be able to recover the gold from the cpu

When using the search function on the forum, what were your specific search terms? The information you seek is easily found, but knowing what to search for is paramount.

bobfrit28 said:
i found a solution of half hcl and half bleach. it works to disovle gold. would this be able to recover the gold from the cpu

It would not. It work on gold foils but it will not work on pins or lids from ceramic cpu. It will dissolve some of the gold but that will get cemented back on exposed base metals on pins or lids pretty much instantly. You may want to read more about sulfuric acid cell, reverse electroplating. Some more methods possible like thio urea or iodine leach, I doubt you are equipped or experienced to handle cyanide leach.
If you cant get nitric then simply do not process material which is best done by using nitric. Shortcuts or experimenting will only create more mess to deal with. You can simply sell them and you may even get more than gold value which can be recovered.

Latest posts

Back