• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cheap lab equipment ?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxx

Hello,
Do someone knows where it is possible to buy cheap lab equipment like hotplates, Separatory funnel, erlenmeyers, etc ?
Thanks

Ok thanks, I will look for deals.
But the thing is, most great deals on ebay are from the US and they only ship to the US. If you go to ebay.ca, you will see that there is much less things...

You can thank customs for that, they make it so troublesome to ship across the border. Sometimes they hold you items for a loooong time, why i dont know.

I guess there afraid were suppliying you terrorist equipment in the form of a fishing rod or what not.

I just thought of another source you may check into. If you have any friends at a University or School you can get them to sell you some old stock or place an order on your behalf.

Steve

Check these people out.
http://www.fritzequipment.com/

Their local to me , but do ship all over the US. I found most of my equipment there for less than any site on the internet. Just email them and they will get up with you on prices and inventory.

Chuck

www.labx.com and www.surpluslab.com best prices on lab glass at surplus and you can win something for a decent price on labx. For instance what i did was won a hot plate with stirrer for 65 from surplus lab on labx and then planned out with them for a shippment of lab glass. I got a quote from that fritz equipment and everything was easily twice as expensive as surplus, though the guy i talked to was very nice I need cheap equipment. Ebay usually doesnt get any sizes larger than 500ml filter flasks it seems and even then i thought the prices was high. I ordered a whole gambit of lab glass from surplus was the cheapest i could find and they ship resonably fast. They get my vote. Only problem they have is a 100$ minimum order but i ended up ordering 215$ in glass and that hotplate.

Noxx,

Although I think the solvent extraction thing is ridiculous, I have been thinking about you. Last night, I was watching my brother de-grease some beef stock. He was using one of those inexpensive plastic containers that looks like a garden watering can. It has a long spout that starts at the bottom. I think that it might work in place of a separatory funnel. They probably make them in glass, if needed. It also would be easy to make one.

Thanks for your help. But I found a brand new 1000ml separatory funnel on ebay for only 15$. All in glass. I know I've been lucky on this one. ;)

Noxx said:
Thanks for your help. But I found a brand new 1000ml separatory funnel on ebay for only 15$. All in glass. I know I've been lucky on this one. ;)

I know this is an old post NOXX but here in manitoba we have a bunch of parcel companies setup on the border (north dakota) I Routinely have car parts sent to them and then simply drive down and pick them up. As long as you have your receipt for the items, just declare it and pay your taxes and be on your way. I don't know if they ahve similar options in Quebec but if ever you need pm me we can have it brought in here and relayed to you through canada post.

It costs me £10 GBP a year to keep a US mailing address.

I have all my US ebay purchases go there and when I have about 20Kg to go, DHL ship the lot, as bulk, to me in the UK.

One way of doing it.

Buzz

Back in the day before I got my 2k sep and my 4k vac Flask, I used an upside down Dawn liquid soap bottle for a sep, and a 5 gal glass water bottle with a hole drilled near the top for the vac hose, and ghetto 3 level pvc Buckner. Real high tech, I know 8)

FYI

DallasGoldBug

if you buy it from anywhere make sure they ship it to you priority via FedEx or UPS and it should go right threw. You may pay a bit more for guaranteed delivery but it's insured and will usually slid right threw customs, from my personal expierences in the past.

Back