Chemical Prices

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HigginsMechanical

Gentlemen,

How do these prices fair in your experience?

I found a local supplier that will allow me to pick up at his site, as long as my vehicle has the proper hazardous identification placards. (available from Grainger) He doesn't carry technical grade, so all of the prices are cost per gallon , before tax, for ACS Reagent... Obviously, no hazmat or shipping charges, just a 10 mile drive each way.

36.5-38% HCL: $22.10/ gal
35% H202: $15.45/ gal
67% HN03: $83.21/ gal
93.4% H2S04: $35.70/ gal

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Don

HigginsMechanical said:
Gentlemen,

How do these prices fair in your experience?

I found a local supplier that will allow me to pick up at his site, as long as my vehicle has the proper hazardous identification placards. (available from Grainger) He doesn't carry technical grade, so all of the prices are cost per gallon , before tax, for ACS Reagent... Obviously, no hazmat or shipping charges, just a 10 mile drive each way.

(1) 36.5-38% HCL: $22.10/ gal
(2) 35% H202: $15.45/ gal
(3) 67% HN03: $83.21/ gal
(4) 93.4% H2S04: $35.70/ gal

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Don

(1) HCl. 31% (more, or less) is available as muriatic acid in places like hardware stores, pool supplies, and Home Depot for about $7/gallon. Works as good for our needs as the high dollar stuff - if you check the label and don't buy any with inhibitors in it.
(2) H2O2. Sounds fair but what do you need it for?
(3) HNO3. You can get it shipped for a total cost of about $40/gal, if you buy 5 gallons. Search for: Sandy nitric
(4) H2SO4. Certain types of drain cleaners are about 95-96% sulfuric acid. Much cheaper than $36/gal. I'll let someone else tell you the best brands with the least additives.

On the topic of Nitric, is there any place in Ontario to purchase it? There is one place in Quebec I saw but they won't ship and you have to be a school or something. Still having a bugger of a time finding sodium nitrate around here too. Everywhere I've checked in town doesn't carry it.

Rusty

Latest posts

Back