Chip for Gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glondor,

He had listed rates in his first post. The only one I remember was 2 grams of gold for 1 Kg of N/S Bridge chips. There were other rates for other types of chips shown in the photos. It appears he edited his post and removed them. :|

Dave

This whole thread should be deleted because of the removed content.
You would think that he should know the rules by now.

Jim

Eric don't take what kurt said the wrong way. I liked the initiative you took to put something together that would benefit you in the current economic conditions were in. Keep your pricing structure in place if you feel those are the numbers you can live with. You may still get some satisfied customers that are in or around your area, I personally have had to deal with the same type of situation with my business. I can only purchase in or around a 10-15% margin because I don't have the connections like some of the other businesses on this forum. Kurt is absolutely right, and you have to come to a realization that other people on here all do similar work regardless if its a hobby or if its a business. Ultimately people will go to where the money is, in my situation I find that I do get customers who realize that their shipping cost outweighs the profits and in turn sell to me for less by the lb because at the end of the day they get more money in return. It has nothing to do with me ripping people off or being shady, my pricing is in place because that is quite frankly the best I can do at this time. Now if I had the connections I'd probably be offering a lot better pricing but its simply not the case. Hope this helps Eric we are here to help one another.

jimdoc said:
This whole thread should be deleted because of the removed content.
You would think that he should know the rules by now.

Jim
:lol: :lol: :lol:

for the others thank for the support ,i didnt get any positive offer anyway, kurt i wish you good luck(if you can do 20 lbs batch you definitively be way more productive than i am)

i have temporary refrain showing my gold sharing as it is unusefull information for this treadat the current time. if you wish to remove the post go ahead it was ment as an offer to buy not a 2 page chit chat....

have a nice day and... why do it always endup on me :mrgreen:

CBentre – thank you for the reply & yes you are on the right path to growing a business

Eric – I hope I have not discouraged you from trying to do what you are trying to do – like CBentre - I to really respect both your initiative & desire to turn your hobby into a business & I hope you won’t give up on it

I just wanted you to understand that going from a hobby to a business is not something you do in one big jump (unless you have a LOT of money to invest because its going to cost you more then you make to start with)

Doing what I am now doing has taken me 4 loooong years of much haaaard work & more often then not working for little or nothing & even now I still can not say I have built a successful business – I can only say I am “working” on it – I can’t even claim to be making a profit (spending money to put in my pocket & buy things I “want” to buy) I am “lucky” to pay the bills & make gas money to get back & forth to my place of business – the rest (& I mean all of it) goes right back into the business

I am working on a razor edge & if markets keep going the way they are I will be lucky to survive --- I am really sweating the last load of boards I sent into the smelter because I bought those boards when gold was at about $1450 & I had to pay the competitive top dollar price to get them

I have a long way to go before I can call myself a “successful” business – I can only say I an “in business” working on a lot of hope that I can keep it going & growing

Right now I have to go to work & finish sorting the 4 gaylord boxes of boards I got in so I can pay the costumer out & get them sent to the smelter - & I hope gold doesn’t drop to much more between now & when I get paid for them & then I hope I can find some time somewhere in this week to finish building my incinerator & the other 100 things I got on my list to keep this ball rolling

Its going to be a LOT more LONG days, weeks & months ahead of me before “I” see anything that comes close to seeing a “profit”

Kurt

Did I miss something? I would have sworn there was a post from Rusty in this thread. Is he still with us? If not I'll surely miss his creativeness. Is anyone interested in toll refining some chips- memory 4kg, others like quads etc about 2kg? Kurt- do you toll refine? Sounds like you are in this to win this. If so, are you in the US. International shipping rates kill a proposition like this. I'd be willing to do something like 50%. I have sent Rusty a pm but have not heard back from him in a few days. Thanks in advance.

Dennis

kurt said:
CBentre – thank you for the reply & yes you are on the right path to growing a business

Eric – I hope I have not discouraged you from trying to do what you are trying to do – like CBentre - I to really respect both your initiative & desire to turn your hobby into a business & I hope you won’t give up on it

I just wanted you to understand that going from a hobby to a business is not something you do in one big jump (unless you have a LOT of money to invest because its going to cost you more then you make to start with)

Doing what I am now doing has taken me 4 loooong years of much haaaard work & more often then not working for little or nothing & even now I still can not say I have built a successful business – I can only say I am “working” on it – I can’t even claim to be making a profit (spending money to put in my pocket & buy things I “want” to buy) I am “lucky” to pay the bills & make gas money to get back & forth to my place of business – the rest (& I mean all of it) goes right back into the business

I am working on a razor edge & if markets keep going the way they are I will be lucky to survive --- I am really sweating the last load of boards I sent into the smelter because I bought those boards when gold was at about $1450 & I had to pay the competitive top dollar price to get them

I have a long way to go before I can call myself a “successful” business – I can only say I an “in business” working on a lot of hope that I can keep it going & growing

Right now I have to go to work & finish sorting the 4 gaylord boxes of boards I got in so I can pay the costumer out & get them sent to the smelter - & I hope gold doesn’t drop to much more between now & when I get paid for them & then I hope I can find some time somewhere in this week to finish building my incinerator & the other 100 things I got on my list to keep this ball rolling

Its going to be a LOT more LONG days, weeks & months ahead of me before “I” see anything that comes close to seeing a “profit”

Kurt

Thanks Kurt, I appreciate the trans-parity. I have spent the past two years trying to get something going for myself, the first was in a totally different field and I can honestly say it never failed but it was a lot more difficult and not as interesting as this industry. Over the past year I've spent many hours researching, building relationships, trying to educate myself and of coarse going beyond my means doing things that other people wouldn't even consider just to make sure my bills were being paid. I've invested my blood,sweat and tears and can say i'm in this for the long haul and I truly believe in treating customers as fair as possible because one of two things can and will happen. 1) people will respect you for who you are and 2) When they get burned by someone else they will always remember the ones who treated them fairly. As for refining it's always in the back of my head but as of right this moment I have to much to lose and not enough to gain to offset the losses and I have simply worked too hard over the past 12 years to get to where i'm at in life.

thank you mr kiersky , nowing your work value ,and being just a little under your yield is for me an honor .\

i just posted a picture of my latest batch (only one button the rest is unmelted)

im now open for trade

Yield can vary that depend in composition of your batch, size of chips, technique of harvesting... My average is the same, it is in my second ebook too - cca 5g/kg.

If somebody get less then perhaps he had more of bigger types in the batch, more of ones with metallic heat spreader, more solder on bottom part...

If somebody got more then opposite happened to be in his batch.

patnor what you say is very true , i got a batch of ripped of the board bga (with all the solder ball) and the ratio of blacktop vs green board is very lower than my heat removed one, about 45% /65% rather than 50%/50%...

I can report a yield of 2.1g for 200g of black plastic tops from BGA:s. I had removed all of the fibre boards and heat spreaders before weighing and processing.
There could be a small amount of gold to add to that number as I just have started denoxing some gold leached from the fine silt that I panned off the concentrate. By judging of the colour there should be at most 0.1g that I missed.

It is wise to run whatever material you remove just to check how well your separation worked, then you know how to tweak it to make it better.

... this 2.1g pushed my gold powder collection to over 50g, soon I'm going to refine it again and then melt it... just some more gold first... :mrgreen:
... hmmm those flatpacks in the corner looks tempting... see you later...

Göran

ericrm said:
open for trade : availlable gold 10 g + (min 2g Au by trade )

exchange rate will be negotiated before shipment

picture of item will be require before shipment, material must be already sorted by type of chip when i receive it, i reserve myself the right to send back the package in totality or partialy at your expense if the content is problematic.
shipping cost of raw material will be at your expense, i will not be responsible in any case of lost/stolen/border holded item/gold.
gold return shipping will be at my expense and will not be insured. the reasons for that, is that i would have to indicate the value and content of the shipment on the package to insure it and i dont want to put a 500$ value on a letter size envelope.

plz use only this tread to put positive or negative feedback on me as it will be a nessesity in the futur to be able to work on grf.View attachment 2View attachment 4View attachment 3View attachment 1
So this chip has gold too ,,
thanks dude .

I wish you good luck Eric, I know what I talk about.
I get odd email or pm 1-2 times per month from guys who claim that they do have tens or hundreds of kilograms of IC. They want me to have them toll refined. When I tell them it will be 30-40 % minimum and that it depend on type and amount I never get reply back.
(with exception of s/n bga those I may do for tad bit less depend on amount and what is on offer)

People like to think they sit on gold mine and think you can afford to work for them for free. In my eBook it look easy but every step require a lot of time and tedious work. Watching every step as it is easy to lose values if one get too excited or lacking patience.

I also come to conclusion that no matter how good you are, people will always think that there was more in there and that is why toll refining is quite hard. Your offer is probably the best, outright purchase or swap leaves no room to doubt. You take all the risk as there are IC out there which do not contain gold bonding wires and I can guarantee that there will be some percentage of those in mixed batches. Everyone need to decide which route he want to go - one can process, have it toll refined or sell. Members do have plenty of choice.

Back