• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale CNC boards for sale

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slsmp40

Hello metals reclaim people,
The board buyers pay right around 7-8$ a pound for these. They are all out of CNC milling machines that are being scraped or new parts for those same machines as spares. Anyone out there who these are worth more than $8.40 lb? If anyone wants to pay less than I will just box them up and off to the pyro reclaim they can go. I have right now 50-100lbs and I’m anticipating more coming in for the next few months. I am attaching some pics, would like to sell them all I have at this facility at a time but because I love you all like brothers I will talk to you about 10lb lots if you want some to play with and become that superfund site you always wanted to be.
Thank you and have a great day.
ShawnIMG_6440.jpegIMG_6444.jpegIMG_6445.jpegIMG_6440.jpegIMG_6445.jpegIMG_6436.jpegIMG_6436.jpegIMG_6431.jpegIMG_6431.jpegIMG_6432.jpegIMG_6433.jpegIMG_6434.jpegIMG_6435.jpegIMG_6436.jpegIMG_6437.jpegIMG_6437.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6438.jpeg
    IMG_6438.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6439.jpeg
    IMG_6439.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6442.jpeg
    IMG_6442.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6443.jpeg
    IMG_6443.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Hello metals reclaim people,
The board buyers pay right around 7-8$ a pound for these. They are all out of CNC milling machines that are being scraped or new parts for those same machines as spares. Anyone out there who these are worth more than $8.40 lb? If anyone wants to pay less than I will just box them up and off to the pyro reclaim they can go. I have right now 50-100lbs and I’m anticipating more coming in for the next few months. I am attaching some pics, would like to sell them all I have at this facility at a time but because I love you all like brothers I will talk to you about 10lb lots if you want some to play with and become that superfund site you always wanted to be.
Thank you and have a great day.
ShawnView attachment 59859View attachment 59862View attachment 59863View attachment 59859View attachment 59863View attachment 59855View attachment 59855View attachment 59850View attachment 59850View attachment 59851View attachment 59852View attachment 59853View attachment 59854View attachment 59855View attachment 59856View attachment 59856
Hi. Nice material but it will be easier to narrow the potential buyers, if we knew the location of the material.

Pete.

Sell them to the board buyers. Especially if you get it for the last board with the large transformer on.

All I see is a lot of work and probably not breaking even.

Göran

Most of those boards are worth $8/lb. There’s one in there worth $5,000 to the right buyer with a mission critical CNC with a failed board. The trick is gettIng that board to that buyer.

I'd like to know where you guys are selling boards like this for $8/lb.
I sell several thousands of pounds of boards a year, mostly from scientific equipment and there is not much that is boards like this. The big buyers are listing their buy price on these at 7$ publicly right now. You can get slightly more if you ship several tons of presorted boards to them a year.
Since i make a business of buying boards and selling them to the big buyers im not inclined to just throw names out there.

It all looks like good yield components for me, but the boards themselves really low grade, I'd expect more profit from pyrolizing for fuel than any metal if we exclude components.
One would expect 20% by weight in copper, not in most of those, once again i'm excluding any component.

Well I know I did not see any 8 dollar a pound boards in those photos...... No gold caps, not dense population, maybe I don't know anymore.

I sell several thousands of pounds of boards a year, mostly from scientific equipment and there is not much that is boards like this. The big buyers are listing their buy price on these at 7$ publicly right now. You can get slightly more if you ship several tons of presorted boards to them a year.
Since i make a business of buying boards and selling them to the big buyers im not inclined to just throw names out there.
As do I. I only sell pre-sorted boards that are ready to go into the shredder after final grading.

I don't beat my buyer up on pricing, as I feel like they need to make money too...but you spoke as if you regularly sold boards like this for $8/lb which I am thinking is a bit of an exaggeration. I see boards that grade between $0.65 / lb and $7.00 / lb, but most are mid grade at around ~$3/lb.

Simply being from scientific instruments means nothing. They aren't mission critical parts, and I don't see anything that is designed for heavy wear or constant disconnect / reconnect like medical grade connectors.

In the past I have sold to most of the buyers within 300 miles of SE Michigan. I have found that the "sort" is a game of give and take. I give the top end off some boards, they give more for the mid grade which I undoubtedly have more of. I've been pressured into trying buyers that claim more, but ultimately don't pay it unless you want to play an obnoxious game of negotiation. I am more straightforward, I want to know the best price you are going to pay that makes us both enough that you are excited to hear that I have another load ready for you.

While there is definitely board out there worth $8/lb, it's not very common these days. And while I see well more than 100 lbs of it a year, I do not find that buyers are all that eager to buy it at higher prices because it exceeds their comfort zone.

Back