Colloidal silver

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strider

Hello guys, my mother found some thing about colloidal silver that "heals" all illnesses and viruses, but is it another naive old people magnet? It says in the text that it kills 650 bacteria and stuff...but...is it a fraud? I'm no expert but I know that metal can kill you if you take it in quantities. Does it really work? I read that it could be found in Drug stores back in 20ies...

What do you know of it,

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a5b77cc7970c-320wi

It is an effective sterilizer and there are genuine accepted medical uses, but it's not a cure all.

And as you can tell from the purple guy it can cause undesirable side effects if misused. :lol: :lol:

Silver is the most powerful antibacterial agent...silver absorbs huge quantities of oxigen and this is the way that silver kills bacterias.

To absorb oxigen,silver must be in colloidal form,not ionic form.Ionc forms of silver are all the silver dissolved compounds that we know,i.e. silver nitrate in water,silver sulphate in hot water,silver chloride in sodium thiosulphate solution and so for.Many products labeled as "colloidal silver" are not colloidal silver,you can check the product adding some table salt (or hydrocloric acid) and if it forms white clumps then it is not colloidal silver.

Regards.

Manuel

Thanks allot, that salt will tell me. I am more of a...hm...guy that likes nature to take it's care of sh*t. I am just being careful that my mother doesn't get killed

As an "alternative medicine" it's simply "Snake oil".
Silver has antibacterial properties.... which makes a certain kind of people believe it is a miracle cure for anything (and an associated kind of people will promote it for the money)

In some applications it is an effective antibacterial agent, but there are lots of antibiotics that are much more potent.
There was a hope, that the mechanism was so strange to the germs, that they would not be able to develop resistance to silver. But resistance has been reported.

I have not found any independent studies that could show any positive effect of ingesting "colloidal silver" (the amount is very small, and once spread in the body even smaller, far below what is expected to be toxic to the bacteria).

To become "smurficated" you would have to take massive doses, far beyond the measly amount normally used.

To sum it up: The only reliable effect is a reduced wallet (and the probability of not seeing a professional if a real problem needs treatment) and a risk of smurfication if you overdo it.

Having worked in a biosafety level II lab, I can tell you that quite a few things are silver clad because microorganisms (namely bacteria) will not live on these surfaces.

There are some interesting silver-based drugs coming out, but many of them are for anticancer preparations.

So...in small quantities it brings no harm, but then again no bigger effect? I would not risk my self to that, all though if you say it's an good antibiotic, I believe you. I cannot stop the Mother to get it, she is the law and order :D but I got her back

That smurf looks like he aint got a big iq, but that's just a prejudicial thought...looks like that kind of people who take large amount of pills to get better sooner...but you know where that leads.

silver can be good medicine, but like most any medicine it must be used wisely,

some people think a good medicine is a miracle cure or cure all and go over board, others don't see the imidiate results and go overboard, some people just like to jump overboard?

silver like an apple is good medicine.

the reason silver was used for eating utinsils was because it killed bacteria,
I remember my grand mother had no electricity, keep milk from the cow in the water at the spring, she would put a silver coin in it to keep it from spoiling with bacterea, a tool used for generations before modern times. when you were born the doctor probably put silver in your eyes to treat you as a baby from some blinding disease.

I make and use colloidial silver, but as I am a really healthy individual, I hardly ever use it. or any medicine, in fact I avoid all medicine possible, especially modern synthetic medicine many of the ways I treat myself come from old ways, like poltices carbon and honey is great for wounds, carbon to suck out any poision and honey as an anticeptic, many of the old ways as far as I am concerned were much better for us, sythetic drugs dealt out by the tons are killing people by the modern day witch doctors,

herbal type medicine's used for thousands of years work to keep people healthy, many of these can be the healthy foods, our american Indian forfathers did not have disease as we know it today(before the white man brought diseases they had no immunity for), and when they had some problem they knew what to eat,
modern medicine has discovered that the old medicine worked, and tried to find out why and how they could make it better probably to make more money, the old Indian told the doc chew birch bark for the headach (hurt), doc stated giving it to his patients, then they figured what chemical the bark had in it that fixed that sore head and made the modern day asperin, the birch bark still works but is slower, but it may not have the side effects the asperin has, and either used wisely (less would be better) will work.

they key is common sense.
something we seem to be loosing.

yea yea, eastern civilizations have that policy...treat the illness with a medicine thousands of years old...like china, ayr veda in india...japan and malasya...the natural ingredients, those acupunture needles and so on...today it's all about the business.

Can anyone tell how it actually works on bacteria?

On a side note theres some controversy surrounding the use of Silver Nano particles in certain household items...

Silver Nano particles are used in some washing machines and even some brands of socks use silver nano particles also. The reason they use it is to kill of any bacteria, the argument is that the Nano Silver particles are expressed into our water ways that are expelled from the washing machine and the socks which in turn also kill good bacteria. One example is sewage treatment plants that use bacteria/microscopic organisms that break down the sewage...

I looked into getting some of the Silver laced socks because i had smelly feet which is believed to be caused from bacteria in the skin (Dead skin) and i read somewhere about these Nano Silver particles potentially causing unforeseen problems to the environment.

Also, copper and silver have similar bacteria inhibiting properties. Some Hospitals still use copper and brass door handles in hospitals because if its ability to stop bacteria from breeding on the surface therefore minimizing the spread of bacteria throughout the hospital...

stihl88;

That's all news to me. Very interesting, thanks.

A couple of the "blue people" stories said they were taking the silver for arthritis. Some people wear copper bracelets for arthritis, too. Must be the same logic.

where can I get those socks :D

yeah, we smell cause of bacteria...our sweat is basically water with some toxic waste from body, but when it gets in contact with bacteria then it stars smelling bad. Same thing with mouth breath and most stuff that stink.

How can I make my colloidal silver?

Ít is very easy...you just need a very pure silver wire,another stainless steel wire,a couple of batteries,distilled water and run the process while you go to sleep.But,why do you want to produce colloidal silver?...you can buy it.

Regards.

Manuel

Juan Manuel Arcos Frank said:
Ít is very easy...you just need a very pure silver wire,another stainless steel wire,a couple of batteries,distilled water and run the process while you go to sleep.But,why do you want to produce colloidal silver?...you can buy it.

Regards.

Manuel

Hm...that's a question that no words can answer. Why does a man walk to his work in early hours when he can get by car in seconds...Why does he sleep on sun when he can just take a blanket...Why does he write letters when he can call?
Labor omnia vincit!! :mrgreen:

Ok, sorry for the sentimental part, couldn't resist 8)

I just like to work and make the thing myself. I don't want to use the colloidal silver, maybe in my survival kit, but just the sound of working with silver gets me warmed up for it.

I'm pretty certain I wouldn't ingest this.
I am quite fond of the healthy ecosystem of microbes in my intestines, and i fear a blast of this silver could kill off enough good guys to let some bad ones take hold in the aftermath. And we all know an angry intestinal tract can ruin every plan you ever had. :mrgreen:

Is that the actual bottle/contents in the picture of the first post in this thread? I have never seen brown colloidal silver before. Is there an ingredient list on the bottle? Not so sure I would take this particular product either. All of the colloidal silver I have ever seen before is crystal clear, unless you shine a laser through it.

coloidal silver might have some benefits but all of us are different so it might act differently inside each others body... it can be considered as one of miraculous medicines - they are doing miracles mostly in purses and bank accounts of people who are selling them and another group who might benefit from this type of drug is autosugestion true believers - psychic has some powers not yet explained.
I would not eat things like that as we are ingesting awful lot of chemicals anyway in our food, drinks, air...

Back