Copper prices heading up!!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyderconsulting

As a result of the earthquake in Chile some of the copper mining and smelter operations have been halted. Expect copper prices to rise on the indexes during Monday morning trading and eventually at the scrapyards. Regards, Chris Hyder.

Huuummmm...... Think i'll gather up some copper scrap and head on over to Ebay.

For sale 10lbs (High Grade) Copper computer pins for refining and copper recovery. Starting bid $ 1,000.

giving the stuff away? that low prices for ebay, mention the gold flash and flashy gold, that should run up the bidding frenzy, and if you write a two page half mule article on how to electriconnically extractomack the purer Gold that ought to bring in a few more bucks.

pure chalcopyrite

Chalcopyrite Mineral Facts:

Chemical Formula: CuFeS2 ie., Copper Pyrites, Yellow Copper Ore.

Colors: Brass yellowish, sometimes surfaces are tarnished to iridescent.
Its streak is greenish black.

Hardness: 3.5 to 4

Density: 4.2
For Both the density and hardness reading for aragonite are higher than normally found for calcite.

Cleavage: No cleavage, fracture is uneven; brittle. (I always thought cleavage was soft?)

Crystallography: Tetragonal
It occurs both massive and crystallized. From its similarity to pyrite in appearance it is often known as copper pyrites. The mineral often contains small quantities of intermixed pyrite, It also contains in some instances selenium, thallium, gold and silver. ( NOTE GOLD AND SILVER)

Luster:. Metallic luster. It is an excellent conductor of electricity.
(jump start the ole truck)

Optics: (Refractive Index) a = 1.53; b = 1.68; y = 1.685

Composition, Structure and Associated Minerals:
When subjected to the action of the atmosphere or to percolating atmospheric water chalcopyrite loses its iron component and changes to covellite and chalcocite, producing an iridescent surface. ( what other ole rock can do all that?)
The iron passes into limonite. Bornite,copper and pyrite are also frequent products of its alteration. In the oxidation zone of veins it yields limonite, the carbonates, malachite and azurite, and cuprite (CU2O). When exposed to the leaching action of water, limonite alone may remain to mark the outcrop of veins, the copper being carried downward in solution to enrich the lower portions of the vein. The deposit of limonite on the surface is known as gossan. Known sometimes as "fool's gold'' a term which is also applied at times to pyrite. It also impregnates slates and other sedimentary rocks, schists and altered igneous rocks where, in some cases, it is a contact deposit and in others is original. It is also formed by secondary processes causing enrichment of copper sulphide veins. Its most common associates are galena, sphalerite and pyrite.

Identification and Diagnostics
After roasting, and moistening with hydrochloric acid, gives an azure-blue flame. Readily decomposed by nitric acid, giving separated sulphur; solution made ammoniacal gives red / brown precipitate of ferric hydroxide and blue filtrate (copper). Recognized by its brass-yellow color, greenish black streak and its softness. Distinguished from pyrite by its being softer than steel and from gold by its being brittle.

Occurrence, Localities and Origins:
The most common ore of copper. Occurs widely distributed in metallic veins associated with pyrite, pyrrhotite, bornite, chalcocite, tetrahedrite, malachite, azurite, sphalerite, galena, quartz, calcite, dolomite, siderite, etc. May carry gold or silver and become an ore of those metals. Often in subordinate amount with large bodies of pyrite, making them serve as low-grade copper ores. Chief ore of copper mines at Cornwall, England; Falun, Sweden; Rio Tinto, Spain; Sudbury, Canada. It is also the important copper ore of the deposits of Falun, Sweden, of Namaqualand in South Africa, those near Copiapo in Chile, those of Mansfeld, Germany. Found widely in the United States but usually in connection with other copper minerals in equal or greater amount; found at Butte, Montana; Bingham, Utah; various districts in California, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, etc. The name is derived from Greek word meaning brass and from pyrites.

Uses:
Chalcopyrite is the most important primary ore of copper. A large portion of the copper produced in the world is obtained by the smelting of chalcopyrite and the ores associated with it.

Gold associated with this rare and valuable mineral for SALE CHEAP TODAY only dont miss ths sale, Most others here on ebay only sale Iron pyrite, a common product MINE IS FRESH FROM THE MINE where historical miners dug and as a bonus I will give away a free rock to the first one who bids much more than I cold ever dream I could sell this stuff for , its late And after working in the salt mine all day I need some sleep so bid now and bid HIGH. This is no FOOLs GOLD dont let other"s fool you.

hyderconsulting said:
As a result of the earthquake in Chile some of the copper mining and smelter operations have been halted. Expect copper prices to rise on the indexes during Monday morning trading and eventually at the scrapyards. Regards, Chris Hyder.

Authorities in Chile claim the Copper mines will be back in operation within a couple of days. There may be a spike of short duration as speculators drive the market but there are more than sufficient stocks to cover any temporary shortfall. IMHO

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKN2820960320100228

Although the copper mines may very well get back into operation in a couple of days, the real problem may be how to get the metal to market. Highway bridges, railroads, and shipping ports are in bad shape not to mention telephone and electrical grids. We will see what happens. It should be interesting.

the technical analysis shows an up coming bullish trend in almost all commodities in the next 3-4 months.
with or without natural disasters.

this is of course, only my analysis and personal opinion.

Latest posts

Back