CPU MMX

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golder

Hello,

on some of the processors, for instance the MMX Intels, there are some little components - 6x besides the steel lid which looking like monolithic capcitors. I did not find any gold in this components, but maybe there is silver or any platin group metal ? Are these components attractive?

Joerg

Golder said:
Hello,

Are these components attractive?

Joerg

Not something I would take home from the bar, but to each their own. I was fairly certain from browsing around the forums, that those contained no PM's. But if your curious and want to be absolutely sure.

You could dissolve them in some poor mans AR and post the results of the Stannous chloride test. for us. Instead of asking questions, read, then provide some answers.

SilverFox said:
Instead of asking questions, read, then provide some answers.

Please never talk to me in this way! Sure, I am a newbie in refining gold, but I am not 15 years old. An answer is given to a question. No questions, no answers. Next thousands newbies will come with alle the same questions - keep cool SilverFox :)

Joerg

Thanks butcher,

I have read this document. If the capcitors on the CPU are gold plated nickel, I have to test this. Those components were getting easy during etching the processors with HCL or AP. And yes: There are 8x not 6x per MMX-processor :oops: :)

Golder

Back