CW Ammen Recovery And Refining Of Precious Metals remastered

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harold_V said:
The copyright remained with Ammen. That is clearly stated. Whether this entity has authority to reprint, or not, we can not say.

Looks like our friend RR was right.

Harold

C. W. ( Bill ) Ammen passed away May 30/2011
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/gazette/obituary.aspx?n=charles-william-ammen&pid=151483712

The last publish dates 2oo1, 2006, 2009 while Ammen was still living would more than likely add some truth that Deep Rock Resources had some connection with Ammen and did reprints of the book with the authors permission, but to claim copyright ownership was certainly misleading.

Chapman and Hall own the copyrights to this book, permission to reprint has been granted to various publishers. Thank you RR for pushing me into doing further research i have learned much from it.

I posted in good faith.

Ammen authored 12 books, many of which he did transfer the copyrights over to various publishers.http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?DB=local&PAGE=First

Records show that Ammen transferred the copyright over to Chapman and Hall, who choose to show Ammen as the first claimant in the published book.

http://www.copyright.gov/eco/help-claimant.html

Help: Copyright Claimant

Basic Information

Please identify all known copyright claimant(s) in this work. The author is the original claimant and may always be listed as a claimant, even after the author has transferred rights in the work. The claimant may also be a person or organization to whom copyright has been legally transferred. To be named as a claimant by means of a transfer, a person or organization must own all rights under the U.S. copyright law; ownership of only some of the rights is not sufficient. In addition, a claimant must own the copyright in all of the authorship covered by this regulation.

Attachments

• Chapman and Hall.PNG
    Chapman and Hall.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 211
Rusty
This is all that i ask is (facts)
I will also be doing more searches regards this matter yes it would be great to have the rights so that we could share it on the forum

RikkiRicardo

After much research it has become evident that Springer either owns or has use of the Ammens copyright, they're planning to release an e-book of Recovery and Refining of Precious Metals very soon.

I purchased my copy of Ammen - Recovery and Refining of Precious Metals directly from Deep Rock Resources Inc in St. Albert Alberta. Who were so bold as to include their company details in several places on the book.

I hope that I have not purchased an illegal copy of this book. :twisted: A search ofthe ISBN takes me to Springer. isbn 0 412 72060 4

Wow--this is all very confusing to me! I am Sharon Ammen, CW Ammen's daughter. (Married--but did not change name!) As I understand it, my father-who died in 2011--withdrew copywright from all publishers and gave SOLE rights to Garth Muran for recovery and Refining . . . Royalties were to go to me and my brother, Charles Ammen--but I let my brother have all royalties. IF anyone else is publishing the book--they are not sending royalties to mu brother nor are they legally publishing it. Many of Daddy's other books are published by McGraw-Hill and those royalties come to me. I'm hoping to work on re-editing a few of these books. GArth and I are trying to figure out what is going on and we will let you know! GArth has authority to make all decisions concerning this book. I an at [email protected] if anyone wants to ask questions about the other books. Sharon A.

sammen,
Welcome to the forum, I really like your fathers book on recovery and refining precious metals.

It is also good to have you join as a member of this forum, I would love to hear more about your father and his work, I have a million questions about Him and his work, but I will not bother you with them through Email, I just hope you share some of it with us here on the forum.

I purchased a copy of his book online last year. I will look closely at it tonight to see who the publisher is. I too hope I have not purchased an illegal copy, I had thought the site I purchased it from was a legitimate site, but nowadays who knows.

dtectr said:
kadriver said:
I did not download this book. But I did download Hoke's Refining Precious Metals Wastes from this forum.

For my own information, what is the difference between these two downloads with respect to copyright and legal issues.

Is Hoke's book part of public domain and therefore not subject to copyright laws?

Or, was Hoke's book never copyrighted?

I am not questioning whether or not these books should or should not be posted on this forum. I just want to know for my own education what the difference is.

Also, can anyone comment or give a brief review of CW Ammen's book? Is it written for the novice like Hoke? Or is it graduate level and technical in nature?

I value Hoke's book because it is written so that almost anyone can understand it. And it has minimal technical jargon.

Thank You - kadriver
This touches on the issue I wondered about - copyright laws in an international forum.

i don't think this is a international forum, it is in fact a canadian forum with international members.
http://www.whois.com/whois/goldrefiningforum.com

as for copyright laws who if going to do the reading ??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Act_of_Canada

and this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Term_Extension_Act

""The Copyright Term Extension Act (CTEA) of 1998 extended copyright terms in the United States. Since the Copyright Act of 1976, copyright would last for the life of the author plus 50 years, or 75 years for a work of corporate authorship. The Act extended these terms to life of the author plus 70 years and for works of corporate authorship to 120 years after creation or 95 years after publication, whichever endpoint is earlier.[1] Copyright protection for works published prior to January 1, 1978, was increased by 20 years to a total of 95 years from their publication date.""

so if i am reading this right, hokes book is still copyright,
1940 + 95 = 2035, guess i need a second take on this.

if i am right there is fines + possible jail time for the owner of the web site hosting or linking to copyright items.

first link i can find to hokes book is here:
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2360#p20263 in 2008

maybe someone should look into this & save Noxx some cow droppings

Can some pls help, I need to read amen recovery and refining precious metals and the book is expensive. I already process electronic circuits board phone to recovery gold. Could someone pls post a pdf so I could read it. It would be greatly appreciated.

Can some pls help, I need to read amen recovery and refining precious metals and the book is expensive. I already process electronic circuits board phone to recovery gold. Could someone pls post a pdf so I could read it. It would be greatly appreciated.
You can purchase Ammens directly from the copyright owner Deep Rock, price is in Canadian funds.

Suggest you give them a call first.

The telephone number for Michelle at Deep Rock Resources is 1 780 454 3879, the cost is $69.95 with $14.95 S/H in USD. ... P.O. Box 388, St Albert Alberta

For those wishing to mail in their payment the address is:
Deep Rock Resources inc.
P.O. Box 388, St Albert Alberta
T8N7A2

Back