cyanide leach! cant get 99% Gold recovery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All,

I saw this in a shop, can this be a good substitute for steel wool? Plus it can spin inside the cyanide solution for agitation.

image.jpg

And
image.jpg

Best regards,
Kevin

That tool has much better uses; I say no this tool would not work well for your purpose, too many other metals involved in the steel that this tool is made of.
Although steel contains iron, these are very different in many aspects.

Steel wool should be fairly easy to find, I do not know if you have hardware stores handy, if so check them, steel wool is often used as a pad for wood sanding or wood finishing.

Laminates from transformers or electric motors is a good source of fairly pure soft iron, these thin laminate iron plates, may work if you cannot find the steel wool, if you use these, after separating the laminates incinerate to burn off shellac and rinse of ash prior to trying them, (I would not burn of the shellac and rinse the iron until I was ready for use, to keep them from forming rust).

All,

I had two plates of non-magnetite stainless steel cut to 6x6 inches submerged them partially into cyanide solution, connected them to positive and negative charges set the ampres to 4A, and voltage to 3V, but when I ran the rectifier ampreage was 0 or another word no current was going, could this be because of clips that connect the SS plates to rectifier were a little rusty? Or is cyanide solution non-conductive?
I can easily dissolve all gold plating items in a cyanide solution but when precipitate with zinc I get nothing.

Thanks
Kevin

Cyanide solution works as an electrolite by meanings of gold plating, which means it does works transfering electrons...
Double check your connections?...

Latest posts

Back