DC converter

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldmember123

Hello people, i just bought a DC converter and im using it for reverse electro plating ! So my DC converter has 4 adjustment knobs 2 on the right wich are voltage control knobs and 2 on the left for the current control knobs i was told to keep it at 2 amps when using it for reverse electroplating the problem is im not very good with math and numbers but i understand the reverse electroplating process ! And i understand all the safety required ! Can some please show me the exact numbers that should be properly displayed on my DC converter so i can know what numbers to adjust the knobs to ? the number screen on the right is the voltage and the number screen on the left is the current each side has 2 knobs and im using a Volteq HY3010EP DC converter ! Thank you everybody and have a blessed day !

Ok heres some pics

Attachments

• 20201008_204417_HDR~2.jpg
    20201008_204417_HDR~2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 140
  • 20201008_204345_HDR~2.jpg
    20201008_204345_HDR~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
  • 20201008_204405_HDR~2.jpg
    20201008_204405_HDR~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 140
Hello Dave i just dont know what proper numbers should be displayed so that im not using to much power ! Because i dont want to get the acid to hot because it could start dissolving the copper right ? And i only want to dissolve the gold ! And thank you for the quick response !

To help out anyone with this type of Power supply, here's my PM reply:

Would love to help. A picture says alot, so:

HY3010EP_1.jpg
The number on the right is your voltage. This one is set at 32.0 Volt. Thats the maximum for this supply. The coarse and fine knobs on the right are to set your voltage. Use coarse first and if needed fine.

There is no current running now. Thats the left number. 00.0 Ampere. The max will be slightly over 10.0 Ampere. So you can set it and measure 0.1 volts and Amp 'steps' so to speak. The control is smooth, not in steps.

To set it up for e.g. a silver refining cell:
Turn up the voltage to 3 Volt without anything connected.
Turn the current knob counter clockwise to zero and short the red to the black outlet with one lead. :shock: Yes short it.

Thats what the current knob on the left is for.
The voltage will drop to zero and the current will read zero. Then turn the current up to your desired max current level. Say 1.5 Ampere.
Whatever happens to your process, the current can never go over that setting and cause problems in the cell.
If your current is not high enough when the cell is connected, turn up the Voltage until it is.

Once you are familiar with the supply you can set it to the desired max. current when connecting the cell.

Have fun. Martijn.
[/quote]

Back