Does gold dissolve at all in a vinegar, salt, H2O2 3% bath?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zamistroe

I heard that if time doesn't matter vinegar works slowly for getting gold off a circuit board. Since that sounded comparatively safe, cheap, and easy I tossed a mixture of quality fingers and ENIG stuff in a bucket added the above mentioned ingredients and stirred. It seemed to work after a couple of weeks with an occasional stir. I had foils at the bottom and mostly clean boards. I poured off the now blue green liquid in another bucket and forgot about it for a year. Now, I'm deciding what to do with it and I'm wondering if any gold went into my vinegar solution.

Also, in that year the solution in the bucket evaporated leaving a dark blue green crystal/crust. I want to try smelting it for whatever metal is there. Will I get metal from the dried solution (with plenty of flux) or only recover the microscopic metal particles I missed in the pour?

I heard that if time doesn't matter vinegar works slowly for getting gold off a circuit board. Since that sounded comparatively safe, cheap, and easy I tossed a mixture of quality fingers and ENIG stuff in a bucket added the above mentioned ingredients and stirred. It seemed to work after a couple of weeks with an occasional stir. I had foils at the bottom and mostly clean boards. I poured off the now blue green liquid in another bucket and forgot about it for a year. Now, I'm deciding what to do with it and I'm wondering if any gold went into my vinegar solution.

Also, in that year the solution in the bucket evaporated leaving a dark blue green crystal/crust. I want to try smelting it for whatever metal is there. Will I get metal from the dried solution (with plenty of flux) or only recover the microscopic metal particles I missed in the pour?
Vinegar is not recommended as it creates a lot of waste.
But since it is at it is.
Add water and dissolve the crystals.
Filter it and then either keep the foils as is for further refining or melt them.
Do not smelt with the crystals as it may volatilize the Gold.

Latest posts

Back