DOES THIS LOOK CORRECT?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batesy53

Hey there,
i have a dark brown powder which i have cleaned with sum warm water,syphoned off then evaporated the remaining liquid?I am currently doing it a 2nd time?The substance was procipitated from an AR process(my 1st try)...i am gonna try put some pictures up to make it abit easier>>
THX GUYS,was the first place i thought of for helpIMG_0004.jpgIMG_0003.jpg

There we go hopefully these will help...Once i have dried it out i will post more pictures to see if i still on track...
thx again..

What did you process and how much? What did you use to remove base metals? We need more info to be able to help. Tell everything that you have done up to now.

Hey sorry...
I had an oz of mobile phone sim cards an ram fingers.I 1st soaked them in some nitric acid just enough to cover and a little warm water..I left until there where no more fumes present..i filtered and rinsed off,then i put the sims and ram fingers into sum AR,i used the 1-4 ratio 4 mxture,again i left that until there where no more fumes present,again i filtered off and rinsed...with an emerald green liquid in another container i removed the remaining acid with urea until there was no more fizzing..I have since read more about urea and have decided not to use it on my next process,gonna evaporate instead,to precipitate i used ferrous sulphatei'm not sure off the top of my head how much i used i will post that later on...i had to leave the solution precipitating 4 a few days bacause of working away.When i got back i totally forgot 2 test the solution for any remaining gold,hopefully not tht much off a lose lol....an this where started cleaning the solution.

theres two separate processes to get your gold clean. first is recovery, removing the base metal from the gold or removing the gold from the base metal. second is refining, removing any impurities from the final product.

some members use nitric acid to remove base metal but for electronics there is a more economical process to liberate the gold foils from fingers and gold traces called the Acid Peroxide method.

pins and gold plated material has its own more economical process called a sulfuric stripping cell (reverse electroplating).

both of the methods are considered recovery and are both re-usable.

if you are dissolving gold foils and/or powder, the simpler and safer (in my opinion) is the hcl/Cl method of dissolution (hcl or muriatic acid and household bleach).

this method is considered refining when combined with the rinses and washes to remove the impurities in the gold powder.

by the way, im not picking on you at all but you should take the guide tour in Lazersteve's signature line that will give you an understanding of the forum rules and guidelines.
theres no texting lingo allowed, no short cuts in speech when typing unless its an abbreviation accepted for chemicals and no using numbers for words ( the number 2 for to or too). this is a world wide forum where many members use a different language and many processes we use can be very dangerous and/or deadly. use concise English when typing so everyone will know what you are saying.

Latest posts

Back