Does this look like gold?? or is it iron oxide????

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Refine2017

I have attached the images below. I was working with stainless steel and some minute gold. Based on this image does it seem to be that the iron seeped into the solution. Why has chromium not been flowing into the solution?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-22-14-07-43.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-22-14-07-43.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot_2017-06-22-14-07-16.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-22-14-07-16.png
    1 MB · Views: 155
Can you get some better pictures?

Maybe it's just me. I am outside and squinting afterall, but, all I see is a cup with some stuff in it. Maybe rust, maybe gold, maybe a bowl of cereal that sat in milk too long. I don't know!

Topher_osAUrus said:
Can you get some better pictures?

Maybe it's just me. I am outside and squinting afterall, but, all I see is a cup with some stuff in it. Maybe rust, maybe gold, maybe a bowl of cereal that sat in milk too long. I don't know!

Hahahaahahaha. That comment made my day. Thank you. I know it looks a little blurry. Darn it I just need to get a new phone. I will post a better pic of it later

Impossible to say what's in those pictures, even if it wasn't blurry blobs.

Dissolve it in HCl and test the solution for gold with stannous. If it is iron oxides then it will probably mostly dissolve.

Any undissolved part can be dissolved in aqua regia and tested for gold. Denox the solution and then you can cement on copper if the solution is really dirty or precipitate the gold with copperas or SMB.

Göran

Latest posts

Back