dropping out gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harold_V said:
Well, you and I know that just isn't so, and until each reader experiences the problems that are associated with following foolish advice, there is no helping them. It has been my experience that in many cases, only after an individual has burned to the ground is he willing to listen to sound advice.
Ha! Thank goodness that's where I become associated with Harold.

Oz said:
I can not help myself at this point but to give Harold a “oh my” in that he did not continue his preaching of the wisdom of incineration in this case as he has in the past.
Oz, I have much respect for you and value your advise in many things but I can't help but get a little chuckle from this post.

Harold_V said:
I have said my piece. It's like a horse to water. I can lead, but it is up to readers to absorb that which has been given freely. If they don't mind the problems that come from processing dirty materials when there is a better way, so be it. Maybe that's why I was successful in refining when so many were not. I used good sense. I read Hoke.

Harold
Harold is one of those people... You know the type... You have to take many rare qualities and combine them in a certain way... Like many years of experiance coupled with good knowledge of the subject material, then add a well mannered I.Q. coupled with the age and wear from the same experiance, top that with a no nonesence personality. Then you have a great person to teach and advise. Thus making him almost imposible to correct.

I do not mean to offend anyone with my post. It is just an observation to an observation of this post. I hope that is the way it is recieved by fellow readers.

On a finnishing note: If Harold V. takes the time to type it... It can be accepted as truth and taken to the bank, because it's as good as money.

patnor1011 said:
I doubt that money has that value in these times.

It does if it's comming out of your pocket for education. I have my oldest son in his second year at the University of Alabama and my youngest in a private school last thing I need is to pay for information that Harold V. is kind enough to give away.

Harold, I agree that every time you move solutions or precipitates from one container to the next it provides an opportunity for losses. I also agree that a nitric wash is the wrong way to go here. If I felt for some reason that a nitric wash after HCl was needed the only safe way would be after incinerating to a dull red heat to eliminate all acids first. I did not intend to muddy the waters.

I mentioned incineration because even though he preaches it I know Harold must tire of repeating himself, but it is a valuable tool that should show up in more threads so new members do not miss it. I am glad I gave valkyrie a chuckle with my “oh my” it was meant to be lighthearted as in person I am the polar opposite of the little old lady that would utter such words.

Valkyrie, you are relatively new to refining and the pictures you have posted of your first buttons speak for themselves with the crystals forming in them attesting to their quality. In other threads you are very humble in giving Harold full credit for helping you with washing procedures so you could achieve such success so rapidly.

Richard, I hope I did not offend you. You have helped many with what you have shared on geology and natural minerals. It would be nice if we could get some more detailed pictures of ores and minerals for you to comment on. Others would benifit.

I have been corrected by Harold in the past, surely will be in the future, and find great value in his thoughts. I try to close with thanking him for correcting me, as more often than not it was something that I had overlooked or needed to hear.

Oz said:
Valkyrie, you are relatively new to refining and the pictures you have posted of your first buttons speak for themselves with the crystals forming in them attesting to their quality. In other threads you are very humble in giving Harold full credit for helping you with washing procedures so you could achieve such success so rapidly.
Thank you. My success is due to my ignorance and Harold's persistance... I had my copy of Hoke, I had scaned it quickly but read the forum a little better. But in my haste to make fine gold I could not wait so my first ounce of gold was a disaster and though many people offered to help and any of them would have been satisfactory at aiding me Harold took it to the level of not only helping me with my blounder but convinced me that Hoke was the way, the truth and the light. Thus setting me on the straight and narrow. That's right even though we are not allowed to talk religion, Harold V. is a fine precher of Hoke and without him I may never have saw the light. As I told him, I have read many books but a good teacher is hard to forget.

• Oz said:
    I have been corrected by Harold in the past, surely will be in the future, and find great value in his thoughts. I try to close with thanking him for correcting me, as more often than not it was something that I had overlooked or needed to hear.
    [
[/list]
Oz, you are a good guy and I follow your post regularly, I was just picking at you because I found humor in your post.

Latest posts

Back