E-Ore!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnboyrox

Hi Everyone,
I've been lurking here for a month or so, just getting to know the atmosphere. I'm interested in e-waste. I do networking for a living and have a lot of contacts for e-waste. I had a source of some low-grade scrap in the form of around 500 lbs of old hard drives that required destruction, then I came across an old telecom lot that had some better stuff in it. So I've been setting up an environment with a fume hood and identifying chemical sources.

Well today I made the jump from considering it, to either hoarder or hobbyist; I'm not completely sure. I had a friend tell me they were cleaning out a warehouse and I should get there right away. So far I've filled up my car, my pickup, my friends pickup, and tomorrow my dad's pickup and trailer. Here's a couple of pics. Some of the other stuff is power supplies. I'm probably just going to try and sell those to a recycler (Cheap if anyone's interested.) Here's a couple of pics of my car.
IMG_0175.jpgIMG_0176.jpg

Nice haul, but if ya got rid of the grand am and got a truck it might haul a little more. 8)

It seems to have everything from pins to fingers. I guess there's some flat packs and processors in there, too, from the looks of it.

Nice haul.

If you look in the little plastic bin you can see Riser cards. Those particular ones have about three sets of fingers on them, really nice. I found 8 BIG BOXES of them this afternoon! If you ask for motherboards from a source, don't forget to ask for the riser cards ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE A SERVER BUILDER. ( the last guy did :p )

Back