Eat your heart out 😉

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The 420 Kid

So this is the parasitic acid solution, and my HCL/cl solution after dropping with vitamin c. I know it's hard to tell cuz I can't take very good videos or pictures but there's quite a bit at the bottom of each of these. However it all seems to be fine powder not much in the way of foils. Is this normal? Also two of them I believe the hcl/cl, are still very golden colored. However, the parasitic acid seems to have sustained a yellow pale green.
View attachment VID_20240613_142401.mp4

So this is the parasitic acid solution, and my HCL/cl solution after dropping with vitamin c. I know it's hard to tell cuz I can't take very good videos or pictures but there's quite a bit at the bottom of each of these. However it all seems to be fine powder not much in the way of foils. Is this normal? Also two of them I believe the hcl/cl, are still very golden colored. However, the parasitic acid seems to have sustained a yellow pale green.
View attachment 63376
Parasitic means something living on another being.
Peracetic acid is a chemical made up of Acetic acid and Hydrogen Peroxide..
You need to be more precise in your language when describing chemicals and chemical processes.

Edit for precision.

Last edited:
View attachment 63376
Well after a little deliberation I realized when doing my HCL/cl solution, I completely forgot to decant for 24 hours lol. You don't have to wait that long if you use sodium bicarbonate though. Of course the drawback to that is it drops everything.

However it all seems to be fine powder not much in the way of foils. Is this normal?
You only get foils when you are treating gold plated base metals,> E-waste. I thought you prospected for hard rock ore?
Dissolved gold will not create foils when precipitating, but dust powder.
The color yellow does not have to be gold, it can also be iron chloride, or silver chloride in solution. or something else.
Test with stannous chloride and you'll know if there's gold.

Latest posts

Back