Ebay shoots themselves in the foot again

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
qst42know said:
Perhaps one of the tube sites for working tested tubes would be a safer bet.

https://www.tubeworld.com/400a723a.htm

Thanks but I'm not interested in whether they work or not, just the gold plating.

Have anyone experienced on eBay now that they have a new format, that you can't schedule an auction for a later date? Or is it something that I'm overlooking? I remember I could schedule an auction for a later date, while creating the auction, but I don't see it there no more.

I'll go check some more and read their community page.

Kevin

[UPDATE]
I found it.... When you go to the page to create your auction or relist the auction, scroll down the screen until you see this

Choose how you'd like to sell your item

then click on the link right next to it that says

Add or remove options

on that popup, it'll give you the option to schedule when you want the auction to begin.

Favorite trick for some sellers it to list something at a VERY high price then come back with a different ID and list something similar at a much lower, but still high, price.

mikeinkaty said:
Favorite trick for some sellers it to list something at a VERY high price then come back with a different ID and list something similar at a much lower, but still high, price.

And how is seller going to profit from this? Apart from paying high listing fees.

patnor1011 said:
mikeinkaty said:

And how is seller going to profit from this? Apart from paying high listing fees.

I think mikeinkaty is saying it's a ploy to make the lower cost item seem cheap by comparison? So that someone may snap up the cheaper item quickly thinking it's a bargain, even though both of them were really overpriced? That's possible I suppose if there aren't others selling the same item that a buyer could compare with. I occasionally see the same seller name offering several identical items at different prices which confuses me more.

macfixer01

Latest posts

Back