ewaste gold recovery for science fair project

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mech,

AP is great for copper based scrap, but falls short when you try to process iron based scrap (kovar). The iron fouls the AP and stops the regeneration reaction of copper chloride. You end up with an iron chloride solution that quickly saturates.

Try some poor man's AR on the cpu pins mix.

Poorman's AR for Ceramic CPUs

Steve

First I want to thank everyone who helped with this with a special thanks to Steve. Joe recieved a A+ on the project/science fair. The science teachers that graded it both said that it was to bad that he missed the actual state science fair as they think his was by far the best from the school and actually said it was the best they have seen yet from a 8th grader. (Joe was out of school in Dec/January due to a double concussion from wrestling and really needed this grade boost) We covered everything from the green inititiave, computer hardware to chemistry with this one project. Plus I think Joe has the chemistry bug now.
On another note I was wondering if ther is anyone on the board (jewler) that can make a cross for a neckless from the gold we recovered. We have 2 grams processed now and should have 4 more when we finish processing what we left to show all the stages of the refining. (we can just buy more if needed) I thought it would make a nice suprise for him.

Congrats! I'd say that A+ was well earned. Any chance you could post a picture of his poster or handouts? You and Joe have now done more recovery/refining than I have!

I'll bet that this isn't the last we'll hear from you two. Well done!

Latest posts

Back