EXTATIC TO BE PART OF THIS DISTINGUESHED GENTLEMAN'S CLUB

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely love the idea of introducing myself and my ideas here. I am not much of a chemist myself having ended that with a mishap in my first year of CEJEP. It really was not my fault I swear there was no "m" on the sheet the teacher handed out, only an L and I put 5 liters of ethanol in a vessel and I was lighting my Bunsen to heat it when my teacher and the other students jumped but to my defence I had a hang over so I consider myself a Survivor. I then switched to organic chemistry but it did not go much better, I am a little dislexic and mixed up my mothers Advil with her sleeping pills and snored in the class and then finally a fire broke as we were trying to determine some oil boiling point or I misunderstood something, anyway I do not know why this teacher was so upset we put the fire out and no one was hurt. Incidently this is why I mixed up things while reading labels on my first gold refining experiment and used HCl instead of nitric acid but I did prove the point that gold does not dissolve in HCL. Reading is not my strength so please do not tell me to read more. I finally decided to became a molecular biologist and I had more mishaps but nothing could stop me so I graduated. Enough about me.

I am truly exited to be part of this club and I have already done some experiments involving gold refining last week, with mixed results so far. My wife told me not to mix chemicals up without knowing the result but I told her she is just a lawyer and I was making gold, she walked away so I won the argument. Then I did 2 experiments. The next day when she came back from work I had this milky stuff in my vessel with some blue traces on the walls and she asked what it was and I said it must be gold and she walked away so I won the argument again. Actually I had no idea what it was, I guess a mishap. I will write about the experiments in a different section of the club. I am very responsable and I agree that the smoke created is dangerous and believe me it smells like a donkey's fart on a bad day. Also refrain from tasting while refining, it is like acid.

While reading my posts please keep the following in mind:

I read CM HOKE.S book and it is indeed invaluable. My goal here in joining this club is not only to replicate his experiments but to streamline the refining process ( if possible) and publish my results in a book titled : GOLDORACK'S MODIFICATIONS OF HOKE'S GOLD REFINING METHOD. That, gentlemen, is my goal.

Welcome to the forum.

You have set yourself quite the challenge.
With all the mixups, near death experiences and dyslexia, I sure hope you have it reviewed thouroughly before publishing.
And have a lawyer write the disclaimer.

By the way, C.M. Hoke was a female scientist.

Martijn.

I absolutely love the idea of introducing myself and my ideas here. I am not much of a chemist myself having ended that with a mishap in my first year of CEJEP. It really was not my fault I swear there was no "m" on the sheet the teacher handed out, only an L and I put 5 liters of ethanol in a vessel and I was lighting my Bunsen to heat it when my teacher and the other students jumped but to my defence I had a hang over so I consider myself a Survivor. I then switched to organic chemistry but it did not go much better, I am a little dislexic and mixed up my mothers Advil with her sleeping pills and snored in the class and then finally a fire broke as we were trying to determine some oil boiling point or I misunderstood something, anyway I do not know why this teacher was so upset we put the fire out and no one was hurt. Incidently this is why I mixed up things while reading labels on my first gold refining experiment and used HCl instead of nitric acid but I did prove the point that gold does not dissolve in HCL. Reading is not my strength so please do not tell me to read more. I finally decided to became a molecular biologist and I had more mishaps but nothing could stop me so I graduated. Enough about me.

I am truly exited to be part of this club and I have already done some experiments involving gold refining last week, with mixed results so far. My wife told me not to mix chemicals up without knowing the result but I told her she is just a lawyer and I was making gold, she walked away so I won the argument. Then I did 2 experiments. The next day when she came back from work I had this milky stuff in my vessel with some blue traces on the walls and she asked what it was and I said it must be gold and she walked away so I won the argument again. Actually I had no idea what it was, I guess a mishap. I will write about the experiments in a different section of the club. I am very responsable and I agree that the smoke created is dangerous and believe me it smells like a donkey's fart on a bad day. Also refrain from tasting while refining, it is like acid.

While reading my posts please keep the following in mind:

I read CM HOKE.S book and it is indeed invaluable. My goal here in joining this club is not only to replicate his experiments but to streamline the refining process ( if possible) and publish my results in a book titled : GOLDORACK'S MODIFICATIONS OF HOKE'S GOLD REFINING METHOD. That, gentlemen, is my goal.
Welcome and be very carefull what you mixing . It's not a joke. You can easy harm your self .or others . If you really want to refine gold .or be a good refiner. If you have some money invest in good equipment and steady .more you knew . More you can go farwards . And very safe . Good luck . C m hock book based on real refining science .it does explain almost every thing you need to get the job done safe and easy way

Welcome to the forum.

You have set yourself quite the challenge.
With all the mixups, near death experiences and dyslexia, I sure hope you have it reviewed thouroughly before publishing.
And have a lawyer write the disclaimer.

By the way, C.M. Hoke was a female scientist.

Martijn.
Thank you so much Martjin, I appreciate taking the time to write and welcoming me.
Sorry about mistaken Ms. Hoke for a man , I also get mixed up with this gender thing , some mishaps with that too. It is really exciting to read this forum and I hope to bring something positive.
Michael

Welcome and be very carefull what you mixing . It's not a jock . You can easy harm your self .or others . If you really want to refine gold .or be a good refiner. If you have some money invest in good equipment and steady .more you knew . More you can go farwards . And very safe . Good luck . C m hock book based on real refining science .it does explain almost every thing you need to get the job done safe and easy way
Thank you for welcoming me Biom, I try to do this right. Not sure what you mean by buying good equipment I try to use everything I can. I really take this seriously. Michael

Thank you for welcoming me Biom, I try to do this right. Not sure what you mean by buying good equipment I try to use everything I can. I really take this seriously. Michael
Thank you Michael . Just read the refining book before you mix any thing .mixing acids to desolve metal very dengerous if you don't have fume hood .and glass .gloves .mask .away from your kitchen .home . kids .wife .neighbors. pets . Label every thing . And don't never mix any thing without asking .some prodects can not be mixed together. Read the book .til you learn .other wise it's great hobby . Just use your comensence . And be safe .

Latest posts

Back