Extracting metal dust

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheStoneBoy

To any helpful users,

I have some material I am processing that is really fine and the sands are almost as heavy as the metal so it makes it really difficult. My question is after I run my first batch and remove most of the heavier metal out of it what is the most efficient way to get the dust out? I know how to do Aqua Regia so if that is the best way let me know. I have also contemplated using mercury but want to be as clean and non hazardous as possible. My material is not real heavy in good stuff it is mostly crap as I have had it analyzed but it is still worth it to me in my spare time but wouldn't be for a business unless your a moron. Anyway any help would be appreciated.

Can you post your assay results and some pictures? That would help the forum help you.

The results were from a X-ray analyzer just happened to know someone with one but didn't get a print out. I can give you basic amounts though, 60% Iron, 30% copper, 6% silver
1-2% percent gold, .6-1% rhodium. Was some other stuff in the 1-2% but nothing I care about. Sorry no pictures but any ideas how to extract dust out of sand quickly?

X ray is not considered as proof mainly if you have no idea if it was calibrated properly.
So for now you have nothing there to be concerned about getting it out quickly.
You may consider investing few dollars for proper fire assay which will tell you exactly what do you have there. It is important to know about other materials in a mix as it will help you to choose appropriate method.

Fire assay is quickest way to get that dust (if any) from there.
Hope this helps, upload few photos of how it look like and with assay report, I am sure somebody will help you with follow up.

Latest posts

Back