Fire Assaying

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Safari. I click (single left), and it downloads into my download bar. Either a single, or double click, left or right, brings up the info described in my previous post. No problem doing Bugbee. I will ask my 15 year old tomorrow to fix it. Thanks, will see what he can do before I reply again.
What program do you open it with?
Is it dowloaded as a PDF?
How do you download it?
Phone or PC, which browser?
It downloaded as a pdf.txt. Had to eliminate the .txt to open. Thank god for the younger generation. I never encountered that kind of download file before.

Safari. I click (single left), and it downloads into my download bar. Either a single, or double click, left or right, brings up the info described in my previous post. No problem doing Bugbee. I will ask my 15 year old tomorrow to fix it. Thanks, will see what he can do before I reply again.

It downloaded as a pdf.txt. Had to eliminate the .txt to open. Thank god for the younger generation. I never encountered that kind of download file before.
Download fine in my Win 10

I still haven't found any good recipes for tabled black sands. I know " black sands " can consist of various minerals, so it is hard to nail 1 specific recipe down. The gist I get, is to just dilute the black sand down with an extra amount of fluxes, to the ratio of about 2 times the flux, by weight, as concentrates, as you would if assaying a standard high pyrite by weight ore sample. Adjusted for the oxidizing magnetite. Anybody out there know of a good black sand flux ?
I read a book talked about fluxing black sands,it mentioned that black sands has higher rate of titanium and aluminum, look at page 17

https://www.911metallurgist.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Fire-Assaying-Procedure.pdf

Thanks Ayham, I have read this several times ,before smelting some of my black sands. Since black sands from different areas contain varying quantities of various minerals, there will always be a certain amount of tweaking the fluxes to get it perfect. There is no flux for general work that works on all materials. Just wanted to let other forum members know, but this is a very good read for people to grasp some knowledge of assaying and smelting.

Back