First cuppeling today

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I ran a set amount of ground up cpu powder through an assay process(thank you GoldSilverPro),and right now I am in the process of cuppeling the lead button.I am excited to be starting this new style of processing,and wanted to share it.
Here are a couple of pictures for now.We are heading out for the night,but I'll try to get more pics of the process up tomorrow
.dscf9011.jpgdscf9013.jpg

Well I took the crucible out of the kiln and saw a gorgeous tiny little button.That is the neatest thing ever!It is amazing how a button that is worth probably $5 has given me more joy than a $2000 button did.Don't get me wrong I still love the $2k ones.

HAuCl4 said:
Now you are trapped into assaying and smelting with lead. There is no going back now.
Yup!
It's amazing how easy everything is when you have all of the right equipment and chemicals.But yes I am hooked.

mic,

I'd be curious to see your yield data from crushed ceramics when you're done.

I have about 75 pounds of ceramic leftovers and haven't found the time to devise an efficient grinding method for them.

Here's hoping you'll share!

Back