For all who like to be called genious

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

hiiii everyone m a simple man who want to know some proces and tricks if anyone know

THATS ARE----------------------

1- which type we refined the gold and silver in mixture of h2no3.
2- when we polished the gold by h2no3 some quantity of gold mixed in H2NO3 which type we get back that quantity.
3- any equation or procees to make the compound of gold+silver+h2no3. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Thanx in advnce gyus

Gaurav,

The answers to your questions are in this forum. Unfortunately your English is not clear and I cannot understand what you are asking. Might I suggest you; 1 do some reading
2 rephrase your questions in a clear manner.

Thanx sir for your rply..........

i know my english not clear but sir i want a ans of my quation. insimple way i want to know, when we drope a piece of hot gold in nitric acid then some quantity of gold would lost. by which method we refined those quantity of gold from nitric acid(HOPE h2no3).

my knowlege about chemistri also very very poor so pls help me

THANKSSSSSSSS....

Gold does not dissolve in nitric acid. That doesn't mean your gold isn't dissolving, it means your nitric acid has chlorides in it which will attack the gold. To recover the gold lost to the acid, add copper metal to the spent acid. The copper will dissolve (go into solution) and displace all of the precious metals in solution. All of the metals that drop out will be either clinging to the copper metal or on the bottom as a powder. This process is called cementation.

Technical grade nitric acid in the US has a slight chloride contamination in it and tap water usually does as well. Why are you dropping in the metal while it is hot? Are you using any salts to clean up the molten metal? Just trying to figure where the chlorides could be coming from.

SIR M A JWELLOR WHEN WE MADE A NEWNJWELLORY THEN FOR CLEALING WE USE NITRIC ACIN ON GOLD AFTER USING THE ACID, ACID GONE WEST BUT BEFORE A LONG PERIOD MY GRANDFATHER SOW ME WHICH TYPE WE GEN A SOME QUANTITY OF DESOLWING GOLD HE DO IT THAT TYPE

HE TOOK ACID IN BOUL AND BRITISH SILVER COIN ALSO MELT IN IT, AFTER SOME TIME WHEN ALL COINS ARE MELT THEY MELT A POWDER ALSO I THINK HE MELT BAKING POWDER O UREA, AFTER A COUPAL OF HOURS SOME COMPOU OF MIXTURE O GOLD AN SILVER ON BASE OF BOWL THEN HE REINED THEM AND IN REAL WE FOUND GOLD ALSO WHEN ME TRY TO DO THAT BUT M NOT FILD ANY COMPAUND. WHAT IS THE RIGHT WAY OF THIS TOPIC.

MY GRAND FATHER NOW GONE DIE.M NOT SURE WHICH POWDER HE MELT CAN U FIND OUT THIS PROCESS FOR ME.

I'm really not sure what you're describing that your grandfather taught you but I think he inquarted scrap jewelry with silver coins. Do you remember him melting the gold and silver coins together? Then he dissolved it in nitric acid (50%) to dissolve the silver. The gold does not dissolve but remains on the bottom.

In dealing with Indian jewelers in New York they often confused melt for digest, melting is done with heat like an ice cube melting in the sun, dissolving is done in a liquid, like sugar in water. Did your grandfather use his torch to mix the gold jewelry with the silver coin?

Small jewelers often use this process to re-use scrap because it cleans up the alloy leaving only 99% pure gold behind. (Make sure there is no platinum in there because it may not dissolve and it will be in with the gold)

After he removed the gold from the liquid he probably used salt (sodium chloride) to recover the silver chloride.

Please do not post in capital letters or in red type, it is considered rude to most who read this forum.

If you wish to continue to post here, please seek help with your English it is near impossible to figure what you are asking.

Latest posts

Back