For sale Ultrafine Copper powder

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a client who has access to 430 kg of copper powder that's 99.9994% pure, with sub-40-micron size

at 40 (minus) microns would mean that the copper powder is between 325 mesh & 400 mesh

45 microns = 325 mesh

37 microns = 400 mesh

I "assume" this is copper that has been put through the atomization process

Here is a link to a thread that describes the atomization process

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/is-it-possible-925-sterling-silver-powder.30689/

Atomized metal powders - including but not limited to copper powder has many uses including but not limited 3D printing - metal clay casting - metal paste solders - metal inks & paints etc. etc. (I believe a listed other uses in the above linked thread)

So those are markets to look into for selling this copper powder (& why atomized copper powder is sold on Ebay)
There is no need for this kind of Copper here.

Not quite true - this is the perfect copper powder for cementing PMs (gold/silver/PGMs) from solutions - especially for cementing PGMs from solutions (as pointed out by 4metals & Jon) - & I have posted MANY times about the benefits of using atomized copper for cementing PMs from solution

In fact - I very recently cemented about 1/2 ozt Pd from a solution with atomized copper - had it XRFed last weekend & the XRF said it was 997 Pd

I also very recently used atomized copper to cement about 1 ozt of Ag/Pd from a solution - XRF said the Ag/Pd was 80% Ag 20% Pd

Also very recently cemented about 2.25 ozt gold from solution with atomized copper - XRF said it was pure 999 gold

I love my atomized copper powder - use it ALL THE TIME for cementing PMs

Kurt

But you also noticed the agitation and feed rate he used. Cannot just pile the stuff in the reaction. I use it often for clean ups.
Per the bold print - yap - just got done using atomized copper powder to recover 2.25 ozt gold after doing a 33.75 ozt batch of gold
Also very recently cemented about 2.25 ozt gold from solution with atomized copper - XRF said it was pure 999 gold
:p ;);)

Kurt

Ive seen Kurt do this first hand. I have to admit I was staggered at the results. Definitely one to keep in your toolkit.

You must be talking about the batch of ceramic ICs I processed when over to your place

If I remember right the recovery on that batch was 50 plus grams gold (using copper powder) & the XRF said 997 gold :D;);)

Kurt

here is no need for this kind of Copper here.
And just to put this a bit more in perspective - MANY years ago there was a member that was refining something like 200 - 300 kilos of sterling silver per day & turning out 999 silver using nothing other then copper powder to turn out that 999 silver

He posted a thread explaining the process using copper powder along with pictures of his set up

I wish I could find that VERY old thread - but the point is - copper powder can even be used on a large scale & result in turning out 999 pure metals

I believe he was also producing his own copper powder from his waste stream so the copper powder he was using to cement his 999 silver was not really costing him anything as it was a byproduct of his waste stream

Kurt

And just to put this a bit more in perspective - MANY years ago there was a member that was refining something like 200 - 300 kilos of sterling silver per day & turning out 999 silver using nothing other then copper powder to turn out that 999 silver

He posted a thread explaining the process using copper powder along with pictures of his set up

I wish I could find that VERY old thread - but the point is - copper powder can even be used on a large scale & result in turning out 999 pure metals

I believe he was also producing his own copper powder from his waste stream so the copper powder he was using to cement his 999 silver was not really costing him anything as it was a byproduct of his waste stream

Kurt
You misunderstand me.
The super pure almost nano Copper that has been attempted to sell here at prices higher than Gold is what I meant.
Fine Copper powder yes, but I believe no one would buy this "investment instrument" Copper they are trying to sell.
Way too expensive.

Back