FUME HOOD TIPS

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cubic foot per minute necessary would depend upon how many cubic foot you have in your fume hood and what kind of flow you will need. i believe you need to pay attention to how many times you need to displace your entire fume hood, as in total cubic foot displacement over how many times per minute. but you'd better ask the commercial guys how man times they engineer their systems by.

if i had to guess, i'd say you need to displace all the air in your hood at least every 10 seconds. so your cubic feet per minute would be your fume hoods cubic feet x 6. but that's just a guess. if you are running a highly vaporous reaction, one can always close up one of the sides of the face, to make air flow inside the hood towards your needs. by this, i mean closing up the left side door, and placing your reactions on the right side. this would move more air across your reactions.

hope this helps. Good luck and happy refining.

cubic foot per minute necessary would depend upon how many cubic foot you have in your fume hood and what kind of flow you will need. i believe you need to pay attention to how many times you need to displace your entire fume hood, as in total cubic foot displacement over how many times per minute. but you'd better ask the commercial guys how man times they engineer their systems by.

if i had to guess, i'd say you need to displace all the air in your hood at least every 10 seconds. so your cubic feet per minute would be your fume hoods cubic feet x 6. but that's just a guess. if you are running a highly vaporous reaction, one can always close up one of the sides of the face, to make air flow inside the hood towards your needs. by this, i mean closing up the left side door, and placing your reactions on the right side. this would move more air across your reactions.

hope this helps. Good luck and happy refining.
Thanks for the knowledge

Latest posts

Back