Fume Hoods for Sale?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you plan on using any chemicals in it, NEVER buy a fume hood that is constructed of metal of any sort, including stainless steel.

Makes sense. I thought the one in the middle said it was made from Asbestos panels, but it looks like there's painted metal skins inside as well.

goldsilverpro said:
If you plan on using any chemicals in it, NEVER buy a fume hood that is constructed of metal of any sort, including stainless steel.
Is there any coating(s) that I can easily apply to a SS restaurant hood that I got for free so I can use it, or should I just save the trouble and keep it for a furnace hood?

Don't waste your time trying to teach a pig to sing. In spite of your best attempts, coated stainless will corrode, somewhere. At best, you'll buy more time, but the hood will pay the price of being used improperly. If you have need for a hood that won't corrode under normal circumstances (like for a melting furnace, as you suggested), use the stainless hood for that purpose.

GSP said it best. Metallic hoods have no place in the refinery, if they are exposed to acids.

Harold

Latest posts

Back