Fume scrubber

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jell00

I need to build a fume scrubber, the fan I’m using has a cfm of 1000,

I primarily use cl2 as my reagent but I also use aqua regia , piranha sometimes, I might have to use hf at some point or other halogens, so I want to build it right so I have more flexability, I’m not making bulk metal I’m making catalysts so the oxidation state really important for me

For the scrubber, I want to use lye, maybe sodium carbonate depending on how the chemistry looks, and also contemplating looking into producing phosphate salts to precipitate the waste or producing calcium as an end products to precipitate waste

Attachments

• IMG_1217.png
    IMG_1217.png
    754.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1202.jpeg
    IMG_1202.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 72723266150__29648423-8925-4B15-99B1-6F517FC5103E.jpeg
    72723266150__29648423-8925-4B15-99B1-6F517FC5103E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I primarily use cl2 as my reagent but I also use aqua regia , piranha sometimes, I might have to use hf at some point or other halogens, so I want to build it right so I have more flexability, I’m not making bulk metal I’m making catalysts so the oxidation state really important for me
I would never recommend anyone use piranha or HF for refining! They are both a hard NO!

You may be experienced enough to handle these reagents, but they are not recommended.

Dave

I would never recommend anyone use piranha or HF for refining! They are both a hard NO!

You may be experienced enough to handle these reagents, but they are not recommended.

Dave
I’m not refining them I’m using them to break down base metal, I’m making catalysts for organic chem, unfortunately it can require some pretty strong reagents, tantalum I have to get it to the +4 oxidative state which requires dry halogens or hf, same things with rhodium and iridium need +2 oxidative states

Dave
I’m not refining them I’m using them to break down base metal, I’m making catalysts for organic chem, unfortunately it can require some pretty strong reagents, tantalum I have to get it to the +4 oxidative state which requires dry
I’m not refining them I’m using them to break down base metal, I’m making catalysts for organic chem, unfortunately it can require some pretty strong reagents, tantalum I have to get it to the +4 oxidative state which requires dry halogens or hf, same things with rhodium and iridium need +2 oxidative states
i hope I don’t have to used them, have been using palladium salts with hcl and nacl to break down some of the salts, tantalum rhodium and iridium are a real pain to work with

Back