Getting started all over again.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxom

It's been a while since I last posted on this forum. Mainly because dummy me lost the adress during a "favorites" merger I did about two months ago. Lost the link to here and many of the other useful links many from here had given me.

Lazersteve,

Your's is one that I REALLY wanted to visit again. Since I last posted, I manage to get my sound card working again. I can actually watch and HEAR your videos. But I'm still having the same problem I had before. For some stupid reason, probably on my end, I just cannot log on to your website. I know what the user name is, I know what the password is and that you use a 1 instead of i for part of it. And I've tried using the numbers from both the upper row of my keyboard and the keypad. And still no go!

I have a question about testing that I need a quicky answer to. Yes I know there's a forum for this. Had I found this forum sooner I'd had time to read through a few hundred posts to find the answer...er god forbid, even use the search feature! But I don't have the time just now...I will later. But I'm going out of town for the holidays. While at relatives house we're gonna take a drive to a really REALLY large indoor garage sale/flea market. I need a quick and easy way to test for presence of gold.

I have found through experience and with a little help from my fiance that you can buy cheap plated jewerly for pennies on the dollar at garage sales. And that's what I'm hoping to do this coming week. Fiance can't accompany me, because her parents are ill and she has to stay home.

Pokes book.... I have it, I know I do. I want to read it, but sitting at my computer for hours on end doesn't appeal to me. I'd like to print it out. Any idea how much paper this will take if my printer only prints on one side of the page?

Thanks

Jax

download of pawnbrokers guide to metal testing, in the books and other info posted by pawnbroker bob is good for metal testing, I dont know how to link it here but type in the search or look under books and info in index,if its jewelry you are testing, if solution look for stannous chlride testing for solutions.

Great! I'm not leaving until Sunday, weather permitting. We just got another half foot of ice/snow last night here in Chicago. And I'm driving down to rural Indiana...Lee of the lakes. Cold wind blows and they can get a foot or more in a few hours!

Thanks for the tip/link guys!

Jax

Back