• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Trade Giant Jarosite Crystal

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nountaineer

This is a very large Jarosite crystal. I believe that the light green is ruthenium with this rich platinum/gold ore specimen. I can provide weight and measure if someone is interested in making an offer on this very rare crystal.

Attachments

• 20230917_093158.jpg
    20230917_093158.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
This is a very large Jarosite crystal. I believe that the light green is ruthenium with this rich platinum/gold ore specimen. I can provide weight and measure if someone is interested in making an offer on this very rare crystal.
This may or may not be Jarosite, but it definitely is not what I consider a specimen.
Here is what would be considered a specimen.
https://www.mindat.org/min-2078.html

Thank you, Jarosite is my ore type and this crystal is surrounded by The host rock. My Jarosite is mostly black because of the mineral content which is iron. There are at least 4 different colors of Jarosite with clear Jarosite too which varies with the actual mineral content.

Thank you, Jarosite is my ore type and this crystal is surrounded by The host rock. My Jarosite is mostly black because of the mineral content which is iron. There are at least 4 different colors of Jarosite with clear Jarosite too which varies with the actual mineral content.
You misunderstand me.
Clear crystal form, like these links show, is what collectors pay for.
Not a broken crushed crystal in a rock.

Gee, how did I miss that. Of course it is broken in 2 pieces. Even broken it may be one of the largest, based on the minerals In this unique discovery. I am Interested in separating the broken crystal from the host rock if possible. Which acid can do this? I seem to have a knack for breaking valuable crystals.

Back