Gold and Pt bar assay and payout question.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to sell off a few ounces of my Pt at a fair price, so I guess it all worked out.

Steve

Different country have different rules i suppose.

In indonesia we have PT Antam as the main refiner and assayer that belonged to government.

Each bar that we brought to them for assay are priced for Rp150.000,- or around $16,66.

I ever bring them 100gr PAMP Credit Suisse and 1 Kg of Metalor. Both of them are charged same for assay.

Sorry for limitation of grammar.

lazersteve said:
Suppose I have a bar of gold and platinum mixed and you are a buyer and assayer of both.

I have a few questions:

1) How much do you charge to assay the bar for gold and platinum?

2) How long will this take from the time the bar arrives?

3) How much do you pay for each metal (Au & Pt) in percentage of spot?

4) How long before I see my total amount due?

5) Do you have any minimum quantities required?

6) Do you charge any other fees on the transaction?

7) Will another Au/Pt buyer honor your assay?

8) Will you honor another buyers assay of this material?

9) What are your turn around times on mixed Au & Pt that has previously been assayed.

10) What kind of certification/guarantee do I get with your assay.

Steve

Hey Steve this is Shelby Laney...I am a Customer Develop Manager for Hi Tech PMR.
Hi Tech PMR has a strong interest in earning your business. We would have a AU/PT bar refined within 4 hours of receiving and have your ASSAY and results ready for settlement by 4pm CST same day.
We would pay 98.5 of anything less than 5 oz. of Gold pure refined and 92% PT anything under 10 oz. PT pure refined.
That is starting....jumps to 99% over 5 oz. AU and up to 95% over 10 oz. with PT. I know that Hi Tech PMR would never honor the ASSAY results of other companies as I would not expect any refinery would honor our ASSAY.

No FEE's attached to any Gold/PT/PD or Silver scrap ASSAY.

Call and lets discuss sometime would love an opportunity to earn your business...I have a $100 Risk Free to apply to S&I and toward the 1.5 to 1% of the settlement to refine with us.

Shelby H. Laney
Hi Tech PMR
OFFICE: 972-239-0597 EXT. 254 (just ask fro Shelby)
Cell: 214-779-5695

Look forward to hearing from you at you earliest convenience.

Three posts total on the forum. In the first post you made you put a link to Hi tech ( Which we all know Miguel ).
Your second post was misleading in the fact you were acting like you had no knowledge of the company and was just leaving good customer feedback. Now in the third post you come out and announce who you are. Do you think this is good business practice or that i would trust someone who has obviously already mislead me?

On his first post my interest was piqued, a quick look at his profile showed who he was, (did seem kind of like sneaky advertising), I did not see him really hiding anything, I did think it looked like he was doing some advertising in the first post, but then again it was in the appropriate section.

Shelby,
My hope is that you are also here to share what you have learned.
As well as helping forum members with information.
This group also likes straight forward honesty.
Sneaking around can just look suspicious.

Yeah i noticed it was in the right section also. My point was with the first advertising link in the first post he should have said who he was. The second post was deceptive because he knew who and what he was doing and still decided to be deceptive about his true intentions. Then the third post told what his true intentions where. I don't care if he solicits business, but to do so in a not so truthful manner whether it was straight out deception on his part is irrelevant. If people chose to do business with him it is between him and any prospective client. What is relevant is the practices that are obviously part of his business or else their would be no misunderstanding as to who or what his intentions are. Your first impression is not something you get a second chance at in this business.

I would pay 92% for any refined PT that's not mixed. as long as its in a presentable retail able form(not a ugly dull glob) but a nice shiny bar. PM me if interested. I will also pay 92% for refined silver and 96% for refined gold. 92% for karat gold.

If you ever need dead on accurate within <1 ppm analysis of any solid metal bar, ingot, button etc. I have the capabilities of getting this type of work performed for a decent rate. This type of work is destructive so there will be no sample returned but the sampling size is very small. I also can provide non destructive testing that is not as accurate but can give you a percentage to work with. From my experience I would never use the XRF as a method to base what the metal composition of a sample is. This testing X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) should only be used to give you general idea of what the composition of a sample. I have seen samples differ as far as 7% from what the XRF Niton gun results compared to the results given by EDS (Energy Dispersive Spectrometry) this was not a precious metal barring alloy however. Either way our business does various forms of destructive and non-destructive chemical analysis of various forms of metal. We cannot perform any assaying of circuit boards. I wish we could.

Just thought I'd pass this along.

Isn't it simplified for everyone enough weight item find grain amount for karat in question example 24k one gram is 15.43 grains so weight in grams multiplyed by 15.43 should equal out when weighting the item in grains thank you I've struggled my way to find out I've learned so much

goldguru said:
Isn't it simplified for everyone enough weight item find grain amount for karat in question example 24k one gram is 15.43 grains so weight in grams multiplyed by 15.43 should equal out when weighting the item in grains thank you I've struggled my way to find out I've learned so much
I'm confused, though it would help if you used actual sentences. One gram of anything is always 15.43 grains. Now, if you're talking about density, and you know that your alloy contains two metals, you can figure out the ratio of the two by a density method. Experienced folks (not I) can do the same thing and get pretty darn close with gold alloys, regardless of how many metals are in the mix (assuming the metals are the usual suspects).

But grains and grams both measure weight (or mass, if you're picky). "Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?" ;)

upcyclist said:
"Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?" ;)

Feathers! Duh!
But, that ounce of that same gold is more than the ounce of feathers. :D

(I argued with my father in law about that for...oh, an hour, before he finally googled troy weight system :lol: )

Back