Gold Bar moving tool

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWS

Greetings.

I have been having issues finding a tool which can move semi-cooled gold bars easily.

I have seen this tool before, which looks like 4 hooks which grab under the bar and that being attached to a handle which allows you to carry the bar around.

Would anyone have a name on this type of tong as all i get on searches for it is crucible tongs, which I already have in abundance.

Thank you.

I have been having issues finding a tool which can move semi-cooled gold bars easily.
Semi cooled? You could just quench it in a water tank, it makes the slag come off easier and cools quickly.

But if you are bent on moving a vary warm bar, google "brick moving tongs" and a plethora of options come up. Doesn't matter if it's a gold brick!

Greetings.

I have seen this tool before, which looks like 4 hooks which grab under the bar and that being attached to a handle which allows you to carry the bar around.

Would anyone have a name on this type of tong as all i get on searches for it is crucible tongs, which I already have in abundance.

Thank you.
Welcome to us

Latest posts

Back