Gold content in an ebay type glob

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goldsilverpro said:
hillminer said:
A friend of mine sent about 150 lbs of pins into a refiner and came out with about 3.50 troy ounces. that was in the 90s when gold was arround 400.00 per oz

That's $28/pound at a $1200 spot. Your friend probably got cheated, especially if they were fully plated pins.

GSP - you took the word right out of my mouth because I was thinking the same thing :D

Kurt

I've thought about doing this with my pins.

I just don't get WHY people pay so much for them. I mean, yeah, there's a sucker born every minute...but WOW.

Heck...melt in a virgin gram of gold to the lot with the guarantee of "this ingot contains AT LEAST 1 gram of gold.

Of course, you'd want to make sure the pins you are melting don't perform too well.

goldsilverpro said:
hillminer said:
A friend of mine sent about 150 lbs of pins into a refiner and came out with about 3.50 troy ounces. that was in the 90s when gold was arround
400.00 per oz

That's $28/pound at a $1200 spot. Your friend probably got cheated, especially if they were fully plated pins.

Those pins have abot 4.9 grams Gold for 1.000 grams.
Análisis Oct. 10, 1985 by Wieland Pforzheim in Germany.

hillminer said:
A friend of mine sent about 150 lbs of pins into a refiner and came out with about 3.50 troy ounces. that was in the 90s when gold was arround 400.00 per oz

Well that hurt.

Back