Gold dust...

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put a piece of paper towel over the end of a vacuum cleaner hose. Put a rubber band or tape over it to secure it in place. Turn on the vacuum and go over the area. While the vacuum is still running, place the end over a bowl. Turn the vacuum off. Take off the rubber band or tape and let the collected "stuff" and the paper towel drop into the bowl.

Dave

Put a piece of paper towel over the end of a vacuum cleaner hose. Put a rubber band or tape over it to secure it in place. Turn on the vacuum and go over the area. While the vacuum is still running, place the end over a bowl. Turn the vacuum off. Take off the rubber band or tape and let the collected "stuff" and the paper towel drop into the bowl.

Dave
Thanks, how about a coffee filter? a bit more resilient 🤔

It would be worth a try. Test it and let us know how it works out. Others might be helped in the future with it.

Hi, I seem to have tiny flakes of gold on my work table and on my processing bench...
I'd like to be able to collect them any ideas how to efficiently pick them up please and thank you 🤔
Small dry gold flakes are sensible to an electrostatic field.
You can collect them all with a charged ebonite stick (use wool to charge it).

How deeply embedded are the gold particles? A good brushing in a tray should clean up any surface bits.
But I have heard stories of refineries incinerating entire floorboards and carpets from jewelry factories.
Because those workshops had been active for decades, giving the gold time to be worn into the woods very deeply.

Latest posts

Back