Gold Filled & Sterling

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel Worker

I have fairly large lots of GF, GF Sterling, Gold over Sterling and Sterling. My questing is can i process this all together up until i start refining the gold foils. Then at that point i would process the foils separate from the silver containing solution and then cement out the silver. Can it be done efficiently and what are the pros and cons. Thanks.

GF Sterling, Gold over Sterling

These two can certainly be done together
and Sterling

And there is no reason why that can't be done along with the above two as it is all dealing with silver so it is all basically the same process (dissolve silver)
lots of GF

If the GF is not over silver I would most certainly keep it out of "silver" batch --- GF can be over any number of different base metals - it makes no sense to contaminate you silver nitrate with those "other" metals

Keep the silver - & "other" - separate

Kurt

These two can certainly be done together

And there is no reason why that can't be done along with the above two as it is all dealing with silver so it is all basically the same process (dissolve silver)

If the GF is not over silver I would most certainly keep it out of "silver" batch --- GF can be over any number of different base metals - it makes no sense to contaminate you silver nitrate with those "other" metals

Keep the silver - & "other" - separate

Kurt
Thank you for the response and advice. I will process them separately.

Back