Gold Ore

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mu50stang

I have some ore that I have crushed down in a rock crusher that I have assayed that has gold silver and platinum. What would be the best method to leach out the precious metals.

mu50stang said:
I have some ore that I have crushed down in a rock crusher that I have assayed that has gold silver and platinum. What would be the best method to leach out the precious metals.
That's akin to asking "how big is a rock?"

Nothing of substance has been provided by your post, not even an assay signifying the value of the ore.

There is much one must know before making decisions about processing an ore, and it may not lend itself to leaching at all. That's especially true with platinum, assuming you really have some. Not saying you don't, but if your ore is native to the US, chances are that if it has any, it will be of extremely low content.

That being said, you may or may not find someone here who has the expertise to provide guidance for your particular ore, but you have a much better chance of doing so if you'd disclose more. Part of that disclosure would be the type of assay that was performed.

Harold

mu50stang said:
A fire assay was done.
Values were

gold .038 oz per ton

silver .03 oz per ton

platinum .011 oz per ton.

gold .038 oz per ton X 1203.90 = 45.75

silver .03 oz per ton X 16.27 = 0.49

platinum .011 oz per ton X 1161.00 = 12.77

45.75 + 0.49 + 12.77 = 59.01 per ton

$59.01/ton :roll: will cost more to extract/recover then that :!:

Kurt

What If I could reduce it down to a more manageable amount with a sluice and then smelted it, would I be able to find a flux that would seperate the three metals.

You still haven't provided any information that would be useful. However, what you have provided tends to indicate that you are wasting your time. There are issues with collecting by furnace---one of which is that you most likely would need a collector, as there is virtually nothing to collect. If the ore could be concentrated, and if it wasn't a sulfide, you may have a fighting chance, but you'd have to handle a huge volume of ore in order for it to be viable, all at far less cost than the value of the content. I don't see that happening. I fully expect that you are chasing your tail.

I could be wrong, but I expect I am not.

Harold

Latest posts

Back