gold plated barren cellphone boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

up to now i recovered the gold using gold stripper(cianide based product---i found it an easy and very quick method---i did over 50kilos daily with a yeald of 0,12 to 0,17grams of gold per kilo----latelly i found the product(diferent) --it was very difficult to cement the gold out with zinc---the yeald became low------although the boards became as always clean of plated gold,it continued with a shyny gold (very light) tint ,specially when one looked at the lot exposed to the sun
having said this,i decided to do a test with nitric(half hno3-halfwater) ----i did the test with one kilo of similar boards and the result was 0,26grams of gold per kilo.
the result was much better(it surprises me) but it was time consuming ---i certainly can not do 50kilos in a day----- not even in a week------
my questions are:does any of the members recuperate gold from these boards and with which method?
should i make my own cianide bath?(cianide +ludigol)------if i do this i can also deplate pins
thanks for any help or sugestions
regards
Arthur

Latest posts

Back