Gold plated diodes using just hcl / bubbler

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The peroxide is optional to make the first bit of copper chloride, which is the leaching chemical that dissolves copper.
It can also be made by putting a bit of black or green stained copper in HCl.
Then add air to regenerate the CuCl to Cu2Cl etchant.

There also might be a tiny gold bonding wire inside the glass tube.
Well, honestly, I wish I would have just clipped the wires and left out the glass, because now I have a bunch of tiny bits of silica and tiny pieces of what looks like pencil lead and it has been impossible to remove completely

Well, honestly, I wish I would have just clipped the wires and left out the glass, because now I have a bunch of tiny bits of silica and tiny pieces of what looks like pencil lead and it has been impossible to remove completely

Sorry man, I had already assumed you were going to snip off the wires and process separately. And like I mentioned, that there Might be gold bonding wires....I've seen similar material, some with and some with out gold. Carefully cracking one open and use a magnifying glass will get you that answer.

You can always grind leftovers and leach them again.

Latest posts

Back