Gold plated jewelry low grade

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godslavejose

I have tried gold plated jewelry low grade(some are gold coloring) with gold stripping cyanide process. Not effectively stripped. I thought the layers of gold plating is prevent the gold layers. I dont know the name. Like flux or enamol. How to remove the layers before the process? Please suggest any solution.

As lino has said you need an oxidizer and it works faster at a warm temperature ,not hot but warm, if you have a coating over the gold plating it really is a pain to remove , maybe light incineration but care is needed also good ventilation, maybe try with great care concentrated sulphuric again warm on a sample and see if that works.

As lino has said you need an oxidizer and it works faster at a warm temperature ,not hot but warm, if you have a coating over the gold plating it really is a pain to remove , maybe light incineration but care is needed also good ventilation, maybe try with great care concentrated sulphuric again warm on a sample and see if that works.
incineration not working i tried. But sulphuric is good idea. I will try. Thank u mr.nickvc

Put it all in a large drum mixer and agitate, the items rubbing against each other will brake-up any ceramic or polymer covering, incineration is also wise to drive off any volatiles.
I use a small cement mixer that happens to fit a standard sized plastic drum tightly.
Easy to swap out and has water tight covers.

Latest posts

Back