gold recovery from PC or cpu or electronic

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all,
i was wondering if someone can give me more info about recovery process from all part of electronic , i am from canada , i leave in china for more then 5 years , i do buisness here , but last week i saw some buyer load a 40 feet container load of scrap electronic , i start talking with them , and tell me to get the gold out of those part , after this i come back homes and make some research ,

at 1 i was quite interested about this , but more i research , and less info i got , the only info i got , is really dangerus , even mortal etc etc .... quite scary .

well , the fact i am in china , i can got lot lot pc board or cpu or memory Ram , i already found suplier he can suplie around 100 tonne a month of scrap PC , at really cheap price , i can get a 400 sqm shop really cheap , i can got all the chemical almost at cost price , and i got the good chinese label .

my question is : is worthit to do so , can i make money from this , of course will need a investement , but what i means , is it really wortiht for all the trouble and the healty risk ?

please i need more info about this , i really interest about you guy what you think about all this recovery gold system, i saw on ebay , why ppl buy at crazy price if is not worthit , well so many question i need to answer before make the mouve , hope can start to have friend here , ciao wait your reply , thank

simon

You are at the right place to start learning.Its all here to read and learn.
Welcome and good luck if you choose to start an e-scrap business.

Jim

If this system is what I believe it is, save your money. It doesn't work well for e-scrap anyway.

A small investment in the proper glassware, some processing and testing chemicals, and the knowledge you find here is about all you really need.

simonline said:
Hi all,

please i need more info about this , i really interest about you guy what you think about all this recovery gold system, i saw on ebay , why ppl buy at crazy price if is not worthit , well so many question i need to answer before make the mouve , hope can start to have friend here , ciao wait your reply , thank

simon
Welcome, Simon.
Let me say first that it is refreshing to hear someone ask about the health risks of the business. Too few people take the time to consider that important aspect.

Secondly, people on eBay pay ridiculous prices all the time because they believe that they can get something of value with no work on their part. Some members here are able to sell gold-bearing items, unprocessed, for well over 100% of the final recovered value of the precious metals. That, of course, does not even begin to factor in costs of chemicals, waste disposal, & your own labor, to mention just a few things.

If you are willing to learn, and follow sound advice based on collectively 100's of years of experience, a profit is possible. Only you can decide what investment you can afford to make and the return you expect on that investment. But if you are humble & willing to work hard, you can learn the business of e-scrap recovery and refining from this site.

Good luck.
jordan

Hi ,
thank for your reply , yes is seem interesting , but i have to setup in the good way , safe place , because in china , is a jungle lol ,

well , i don t need ebay for my resource , so i am happy for this , i have bunch of suplier for cell phone , cpu , motherboard , cable , sim card ,

hey guy , what about sim card , is it wort it to process? well i will try , but if someone already do it , will be nice to have some tips ,

i need to find a good equipement , and a small garage to rent , and after will be the chemical , on the last buy,

here in china , can t buy just lilte of thos part , so i think i will start with a 200 kilo of motherboard and cpu , i think will be a good start , and if someone need suply , we can buy togheter , have cheaper price , biger quantity , if someone is interesting , just let me know !!!

i was thinking , to hired a master in chemical , for a week or 2 , to prepare me of all the safety about the process and to set up my lilte lab , well i make few call , will see ,

thank guy , any sugestion , please feel free to drop a line ,

ciao

simon

Hello to all
:shock:
Rookie on board. I have several pins from electronic components to process the gold. I have seen several videos and I've read several sites on the subject. But I have some doubts. Recently I process several types of pins with muriatic acid and Hydrogen peroxide (3:1) for 24 hours. Some remained intact will others fell off the gold plating. I have understood that the Aqua Regia is best for this process. But I am not clear in quantity and the proportion of chemicals. Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

HR157 said:
Hello to all
:shock:
Rookie on board. I have several pins from electronic components to process the gold. I have seen several videos and I've read several sites on the subject. But I have some doubts. Recently I process several types of pins with muriatic acid and Hydrogen peroxide (3:1) for 24 hours. Some remained intact will others fell off the gold plating. I have understood that the Aqua Regia is best for this process. But I am not clear in quantity and the proportion of chemicals. Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum.

Aqua regia isn't a good choice for pins. They're mainly base metal with a thin plating of gold. You can either strip the gold plating, or dissolve the base metals first, then dissolve the gold.

Here's a link to get you started on your journey Tips for Navigating and Posting on the Forum.

Dave

@simonline

Since you are in China, I am curious about your oppinions and attitudes regarding safe treatment of waste streams and the safety and working conditions of your employees, - I am sure you will not process tons and tons of escrap on your own.

If you look to be a responsible and upright human, everyone here will enjoy to point you the right direction.

edit: oh, just saw, it was an old post

Latest posts

Back