Gold recovery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus Barrett

Hi people my name is Marcus and I live in the UK I was just wondering if I can melt down the small circuit boards I have got with a blow torch as some of the chemicals you all use we can't get them in the UK thanks for your help with this

It depends on the temperature attainable by the " blow torch ". There are many options out there, and since you didn't specifically state what torch you have, and wether or not you were putting it in conjunction with a furnace, we cannot answer your question. Given enough fuel and time, you should be able to get a melt, even without a furnace. The problem lays in that the cost of the fuel will cost more then the metal alloy blob you have now created. So what is the point of your procedure? If just to see what will happen is ok, but we like to do things efficiently, and hopefully make some $$$ while we are doing it. If you are interested in learning the technical side of what you are doing, start reading. The library has a very good selection of books. If you are interested in the pyrolizing of stuff, and refining, I suggest the book on assaying by Bugbee, to you.

Hi people my name is Marcus and I live in the UK I was just wondering if I can melt down the small circuit boards I have got with a blow torch as some of the chemicals you all use we can't get them in the UK thanks for your help with this
Welcome to the forum. I don't think you should try this way of recovering precious metals. Very polluting, unhealthy and you end up with a charred unrecognizable mess no one will buy for its actual value.
Because the metal will not form a clean alloyed button with the pcb remains in it.
And then there are the costs as said.
Processing without acids: shred, grind magnetic separation, floatation and shaker table to concentrate, smelt with collector metal and cupel.

Back