Gold refining

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good afternoon sir... let me ask.. i have the material that i have mashed.. after i grind it with fineness mesh which is really fine.. i put it in a pyrex glass and give AR.. after i deposit it i strain and I neutralized it with urea.. after I neutralized it I added water 4 times from AR material.. then I precipitated it with SMB.. I stirred. In the solution I put the copper wire.. I waited all night but there was no gold deposit.. where is my mistake .. ask for guidance from people who have succeeded because I am a beginner🙏

Attachments

• IMG_20220626_152913.jpg
    IMG_20220626_152913.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 5
good afternoon sir... let me ask.. i have the material that i have mashed.. after i grind it with fineness mesh which is really fine.. i put it in a pyrex glass and give AR.. after i deposit it i strain and I neutralized it with urea.. after I neutralized it I added water 4 times from AR material.. then I precipitated it with SMB.. I stirred. In the solution I put the copper wire.. I waited all night but there was no gold deposit.. where is my mistake .. ask for guidance from people who have succeeded because I am a beginner🙏
Where to begin…
First and foremost doing AR on ores that have not been assayed is at best a risky venture, even deadly.
You have no idea what is in there.
Arsenic and other toxic substances make hazardous highly toxic gases.

You obviously was lucky here and survived this step.

Why do you believe there is Gold in the ore?
And why do you think it is accessible without roasting?
Next.
Why did you think you have Gold in solution?
Did you do a stannous test?

Urea is for the garden.

Removing excess Nitric is not Neutralizing it is denoxing and is best done with Sulfamic acid or even better it use to much Nitric. Did you use premixed AR?

I think you should put the chemicals away in a safe place and start reading C.M.Hokes book and search the forum.
What you need help come here and ask and we will answer.

Where to begin…
First and foremost doing AR on ores that have not been assayed is at best a risky venture, even deadly.
You have no idea what is in there.
Arsenic and other toxic substances make hazardous highly toxic gases.

You obviously was lucky here and survived this step.

Why do you believe there is Gold in the ore?
And why do you think it is accessible without roasting?
Next.
Why did you think you have Gold in solution?
Did you do a stannous test?

Urea is for the garden.

Removing excess Nitric is not Neutralizing it is denoxing and is best done with Sulfamic acid or even better it use to much Nitric. Did you use premixed AR?

I think you should put the chemicals away in a safe place and start reading C.M.Hokes book and search the forum.
What you need help come here and ask and we will answer.
Yes, sir.. thanks for the suggestions and input.. it's true that I only suspect that the rock has gold.. sometimes I only test using SMB not with SnCl2. This is my mistake for beginners.. and I'm really lucky to be in this group once again thank you very much sir.

I am asking a question were could you get gold for 100-150 dollars? Maybe eBay? I heard you can extract with lead-tin oxide about 100 mg of gold from a cellphone and 0.1 to 0.3 grams gold per CPU. Where should I get my gold from I live in Canada?

Daniel0007a,
It's not that easy, to plate something with gold.
If you have gold in solution and put in any metal that is higher in reactivity (cheaper), it will trade place with the gold. The steel (or copper or zinc) gets dissolved and the higher metal (gold) will fall out as fine powder. It won't stick on the surface.

I am asking a question were could you get gold for 100-150 dollars? Maybe eBay? I heard you can extract with lead-tin oxide about 100 mg of gold from a cellphone and 0.1 to 0.3 grams gold per CPU. Where should I get my gold from I live in Canada?
If you buy Gold you will usually pay a bit more than the actual value.
Can you please state your intention for this Gold?
Do you want to reclaim from scrap?
Then Ebay may be the totally wrong place, most things are wildly overpriced there.
I suggest reading and studying this forum may give you some ideas.
But for most people here the most difficult thing is to get their hands onto reasonably priced feed stock.
I have heard of no process using lead tin oxide to extract precious metals, where did you find this?
The closest thing may be cupelling, which uses litharge and lead to collect the metals
and then a bone ash cupel to soak up the oxidized lead and other metals until only precious metals are left.
This is not the easiest of processes and it do not like copper which is the predominant metal in electronic waste.

Can you please state your intentions and plan so we can get an idea of how to assist you?

Oh, thanks for that info. If i add gold to sol I have to add tin, and nickel metal? I have those? Would that work?
Your statements do not make much sense, where did you find the references to what you plan to do?
And why do you want to do it like that????
As my previous post say, explain your intentions , in detail if possible, and then we may find a way.

https://www.instructables.com/Gold-Plated-Steel-With-Propane-High-Heat-Method/
I am following my own protocol. Adding gold foil or a bar with a cellphone minus a battery to electroplate gold onto titanium. I have done it before with gold in small amounts with titanium sheets.

I want to find a method of plating gold without using HCN or cyanide materials (Way too toxic). It is for Art I have plated many gold salts onto foils before.

I plan to use 31 percent HCl however I can get 37 percent from Prolab but it not cheap. However, I don't think a 6 percent increase in acid percentage will do a better job.

I plan to use 31 percent HCl however I can get 37 percent from Prolab but it not cheap. However, I don't think a 6 percent increase in acid percentage will do a better job.

HCl will not dissolve gold by itself.
You are right about the strength in this setting 29%, 31% or 38% does not matter much.
You need an additional oxidizer, H2O2, Bleach, Chlorine or Nitric all work well.
This will put Gold in solution.

To plate it out you need a metal higher in the reaction series or an electrolysis cell.
With just the metal, you mentioned steel, it will usually cement out as a loose powder unless the conditions are favorable to plate properly.
That is usually called ENIG plating and are quite thin.
Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold.
It can be done on Nickel plated or solid Nickel.

What do the cellphone do in this thing?
A source for the Gold?

Plating of Gold is a quite a complicated affair if it is supposed to be of consistent quality, even if it seems simple.

So again state your intentions of what you want to do in simple terms and why you have decided to device your own protocol,
in stead of using proven techniques?
There are non Cyanide plating systems too, if I'm not mistaken.

https://www.instructables.com/Gold-Plated-Steel-With-Propane-High-Heat-Method/
I am following my own protocol. Adding gold foil or a bar with a cellphone minus a battery to electroplate gold onto titanium. I have done it before with gold in small amounts with titanium sheets.

I want to find a method of plating gold without using HCN or cyanide materials (Way too toxic). It is for Art I have plated many gold salts onto foils before.
This procedure is more or less BS.
What he does is dissolve Copper, Iron, Tin, Gold and what not more from the Cellphone.
He then cements it out on a steel plate which means all metals lower then Iron will plate to the steel.
Then he melts them to adhere to the steel by a propane torch.
This will be wasteful and I believe it will not become a even and durable plating.
The Plating will consist of a Gold,Copper,Tin and what not alloy.
If you are going to have a good quality plating of gold the base metal need to be prepared properly
and the plating solution need to be of high enough concentration and so on.

Plating is a science by its own, there is a dedicated forum for this things, Finishing.com

This procedure is more or less BS.
What he does is dissolve Copper, Iron, Tin, Gold and what not more from the Cellphone.
He then cements it out on a steel plate which means all metals lower then Iron will plate to the steel.
Then he melts them to adhere to the steel by a propane torch.
This will be wasteful and I believe it will not become a even and durable plating.
The Plating will consist of a Gold,Copper,Tin and what not alloy.
If you are going to have a good quality plating of gold the base metal need to be prepared properly
and the plating solution need to be of high enough concentration and so on.

Plating is a science by its own, there is a dedicated forum for this things, Finishing.com
Oh btw this isn't bs and a cellphone or ICs can recover some gold. I got a 1/100 ounce gold coin to add to a new solution of HCl and H202 (31 percent, 6-10% ) and plate gold alloys to steel and titanium. A titanium sheet will plate nicely to gold alloys.

Oh btw this isn't bs and a cellphone or ICs can recover some gold. I got a 1/100 ounce gold coin to add to a new solution of HCl and H202 (31 percent, 6-10% ) and plate gold alloys to steel and titanium. A titanium sheet will plate nicely to gold alloys.

Attachments

• 149031214_540090826956652_7948124059158730278_n.jpg
    149031214_540090826956652_7948124059158730278_n.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 0
Back