Gold sticking to coffe filters

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my first time refining everything's going great but It seems the gold sticks to the coffee filter so bad I can hardly get it off am I doing something wrong?

Hi, welcome,

You should not filter the gold out.
After you filtered your AuCL, the solution should stay in the same beaker for precipitation, washing and drying, so nothing would be needed to filter.
You will find many post if you do a search for it.

Pat

[uits the foils after the first bath all the foils was stuck to the filter and I try to scrap them out with a knife it didn't work good[/u]

to the remaining 1% that just wont come off filters, save them in a ziplock. when you collect enough, incinerate them and reclaim the metals from the ashes.

You still don't filter all of the foils.
Most will fall to the bottom so you pour off as much fluid as you can, through a filter, but leave as much as you can and begin rinsing untill it's clear using same procedure... Add, let sit, pour as much as you can, add, let sit.
Follow the proper washing procedure Harold has stated works great. When I'm done filtering waste solution, in a seperate bowl, I use a spray bottle while holding filter and wash off as much as will come off...Then wash what comes off.

When I have 5 or so filters from this, I will mix just enough HCL and bleach and let soak. Then carefully dump it all through another filter, rinse through and ball it all up for when I have enough to process.

Some think why soak filters but when I have other stuff to do, I soak them and use the solution for other things.
No waste except some time...and bleach.

B.S.
...Man patience sux. I've been a scrapping fool to get some extra quick cash and have no time to aggitate and look at all the sparklies in my AP...

Latest posts

Back