Gold's reaction with alluminium

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has not clarified anything for me. I do not understand what you're trying to say here.
I think he trying to find a way to alloy the Gold, without changing the color
and at the same time give it work-ability for jewelry and as close to 24 karat as possible.
That is my guess at least.

Yes you got it right
So all my questions still remain standing,
Which metals when mixed with gold can work up my xrf, atleast give it a tough time.
Which of these metals also won't change the colour of the 99.5 gold, and won't result in the original piece in loosing much weight when using in making jewelry.

So all my questions still remain standing,
Which metals when mixed with gold can work up my xrf, atleast give it a tough time.
Which of these metals also won't change the colour of the 99.5 gold, and won't result in the original piece in loosing much weight when using in making jewelry.
This is a refining forum, that means we clean the PMs as good as we can.
You propose the opposite and as such it is outside our scope.
Anyway the XRF part has been replied to as far as I can see.
The alloying element is probably not well known in this forum so you will have to do what I would need to do to give you a reply.
Research and studies, first stop for me would be Google.
Anyway it seems all alloys need to be added in some quantity to have effect.
We just had a discussion here:
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-powder-to-melted-button.35075/post-378417

Justinchase might have some info as he works with changing the properties of Gold by controlling the crystalline structure.
I'm just afraid this will not take heating or working with it well.
Annealing and soldering will be out of the question.

This is a refining forum, that means we clean the PMs as good as we can.
You propose the opposite and as such it is outside our scope.
Anyway the XRF part has been replied to as far as I can see.
The alloying element is probably not well known in this forum so you will have to do what I would need to do to give you a reply.
Research and studies, first stop for me would be Google.
Anyway it seems all alloys need to be added in some quantity to have effect.
We just had a discussion here:
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-powder-to-melted-button.35075/post-378417

Justinchase might have some info as he works with changing the properties of Gold by controlling the crystalline structure.
I'm just afraid this will not take heating or working with it well.
Annealing and soldering will be out of the question.
Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back