Good Represenation for Sipi Metals

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alienpyro

Hi Guys,

I believe this is my first post here, but I have probably spent at least 500 hours researching and reading these forums. I have 3000 pounds of motherboards sorted into 5 categories (small socket 478, 775 etc), large socket (p3, p2, etc), server/high grade p1 etc, finger cards, low grade (trimmed finger cards, cable boards, cd rom boards etc). I am purchasing another 2000 pounds so that I can make sure I have at least 800 pounds for each category. I have pretty much determined I am going to take it to Sipi metals in Chicago. Its seems like there is not much negative about them in the forums, their refining charges seem low, their payout is good, and they pay on copper. I am located in Columbus, OH and is going to be about a 6 hour drive. They are going to charge .85 per pound, with a $750 minimum lot charge, and I am going to have 5 separate lots to get a rough idea of what each of these categories is worth.

I plan on having lots of pictures of the motherboards, driving the stuff there myself, watch it being weighed, and then come back again when it is ready to be processed and watch it being processed with the rep.

My only question is, does anyone have any good recommendations on representation in this area? Asking Sipi themselves seems like I may get a biased response. I want to also give back to the forums, as I have gotten so much information from them, so I will post my results after getting my lot processed.

Any information, or any other advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

I hope you got the help you were asking for. I don't have much to add but I would be very interested in your results from the refining.

Göran

My familiarity with shredders is that of shredding automobiles and appliances recovering fractions via screens, vacuum, eddy currents with the finer dust ending up in the bag house.

E=waste is processed in a similar way, the shredding operation does not discriminate from one board or another, are you sure that you have to sort your 3000 lbs into five lots.

A google search found only one court related document, with reference to a proceeding related to an injury. http://state.il.us/court/Opinions/AppellateCourt/2012/2ndDistrict/2110943.pdf

I think that your on firm ground with Sipi Metals.

We employ 150 people and generate annual sales of approximately $200,000,000. SiPi Metals Corp. is largely owned by its employees through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan.

:lol: The original post was over a year old, I think he has refined the lot by now... I was only curious if he got any yield figures for the different lots he got. I also checked and he seems to be visiting the forum now and then.

Göran

I too am very interested and have been thinking about SIPI, I'm accumulating PCIs and so far have only heard one negative thing about SIPI (another post, some one claiming diminishing returns). I will be watching this space.

Latest posts

Back