Good sources for silver scrap or silver cement

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbraunecker

I am somewhat new to this hobby. These forums have really helped provide some education. Thanks to everyone for the information.

What are good sources to find silver scrap and silver cement?

I am somewhat new to this hobby. These forums have really helped provide some education. Thanks to everyone for the information.

What are good sources to find silver scrap and silver cement?
Welcome to us.
That is the question all of us are asking, refining is usually not a problem.
Something to refine is slightly worse.
Thrift shops, garage sales and so on are typical places.
A keen eye and luck improves things.
I doubt you will find Silver cement though.

Yggdrasil is right, gold, silver and most anything of value is where you find it. One key thing seldom mentioned is to shop places that are a bit offbeat. I make a hard point to check yard sales in areas that typically don’t have yard sales. Although sometimes the higher end neighborhoods will have really good bargains.

Welcome to us.
That is the question all of us are asking, refining is usually not a problem.
Something to refine is slightly worse.
Thrift shops, garage sales and so on are typical places.
A keen eye and luck improves things.
I doubt you will find Silver cement though.
Thank you! I will hit some shops and sales. Sounds like a little luck is needed! 😬

Yggdrasil is right, gold, silver and most anything of value is where you find it. One key thing seldom mentioned is to shop places that are a bit offbeat. I make a hard point to check yard sales in areas that typically don’t have yard sales. Although sometimes the higher end neighborhoods will have really good bargains.
Thank you for responding. I will keep my eyes open.

Back